High Heat/humidity And Fbct Or Color Flow

Decorating By honeybeecake Updated 8 Aug 2013 , 8:56pm by cheeseball

honeybeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeybeecake Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 2

I've been asked to do a Liverpool Football Club themed cake.  They have requested a fondant cake but left the rest of the details up to me.  I would like to, at a minimum, add the griffon from their logo. 

I live in Asia and close to the equator so it is hot and humid.  I usually have to refrigerate my fondant cakes and pull them out of the fridge right before serving.  If I don't do that I can literally see the fondant and all decorations melting off of the cake if it is left out or never refrigerated.  I've even had to decorate while it is in the fridge b/c of a lack of AC in my kitchen (very typical here).  So...

If I do a color flow griffon, I'm thinking that it will not stand up to the heat or the in/out of the fridge.  I've never done a FBCT but could that work better for me?    How will it work on the fondant and the refrigerator?

Thank you!

1 reply
cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 2

Ah, no a/c and melting fondant...joyicon_rolleyes.gif.  I just noticed that you posted this more than a week ago, so this is "if you haven't already done that cake".  You could totally do that logo with the frozen transfer - you've probably already seen how color flow never seems to fully dry in that kind of humidity.  You have to work pretty quickly to get the transfer to the cake before it starts to melt, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%