dloech Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 8:16pm
post #1 of

AI've been asked to design a power ranger-fairy cake. Can't think of a theme to tie these two things together other than they are stand alone characters. It's going to be a big cake - for 50 ppl and I can do tiers or a large square. Was thinking about putting a power ranger on each side of the square cake then fondant (not 3d) fairies on top. Ideas? Thoughts? These combo cakes kill me !! Thanks!

8 replies
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 9:10pm
post #2 of

Are you certain that the order was not for a fairy-cake decorated in a power ranger theme? (Although in what I understand to be the usual British meaning of the term, "fairy-cake," one fairy-cake would barely serve one person, let alone fifty.)

kikiandkyle Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 10:10pm
post #3 of

Not power puff fairy? Not that they are fairies but it's closer than power rangers!

as you wish Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 11:05am
post #4 of

ACombo cakes like that kill me. It's like they are asking for a wreck! If it were me and I had the option to do tiers I would make one tier for each theme and try to pull them together with similar colours. I would probably do the bottom as the power ranger one and work some bold stripes into the design, then on the fairy top tier I would use the same colours for polka dots.

BatterUpCake Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 12:00pm
post #5 of

WTH??? Power Rangers fighting bad fairies? lol

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 1:12pm
post #6 of

Hmm. "Bad fairies."
That gives me an idea: how about Power Rangers vs. Gargamel's "Naughties" from the new Smurf movie?

BatterUpCake Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 1:35pm
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbquikcomjamesl 

Hmm. "Bad fairies."
That gives me an idea: how about Power Rangers vs. Gargamel's "Naughties" from the new Smurf movie?

Haven't seen that one but "naughties" just sounds wrong..lol

kaylawaylalayla Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 2:04pm
post #8 of

AWell I went to trusty old google and searched "power ranger fairy" which was a popular result. Several suggestions came up with that in it. But when the search finally loaded what the results were for "power ranger fury". So I can still honestly conclude that I have no idea what to tell you. :p

dloech Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 2:23pm
post #9 of

AHa. Just as I am- clueless!!! Think I like the idea of tiers with the power rangers around the bottom tier and pastel versions of the fairies around the top tierwith a nice easy happy birthday on top:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%