Advice On Anniversary Cake.

Decorating By JacklynM Updated 26 Jul 2013 , 8:22pm by JacklynM

JacklynM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JacklynM Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 3

AHi everyone! I plan on making a cake like this for my grandparents 50th anniversary party. I want it to come out really special for them so I would appreciate any tips or tricks on how you think the cake was decorated. Also what size do you think each tier is? Initially I was thinking of making. 6" 9" 12" cake since that would perfectly serve the amount of people attending the party. However, to me it looks like this cake is a 8" 10" 12" and I like the way it looks. Also what size cake stand do you think that is? To me it looks like an 18" stand. Is that too large? Thanks so much for your help and helping me make this special for my grandparents! [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3064309/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

2 replies
Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 3

You wouldn't want an 18 " stand with a 12" bottom layer. It would distract from the beautiful cake. Try a 14" stand. Also, if that is a fondant covered cake, make sure you practice with some square dummies before hand, because squares are a little more difficult to make smooth. I am sure it will be beautiful and your grandparents will be proud!thumbs_up.gif

JacklynM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JacklynM Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 3

A

Original message sent by Rosie93095

You wouldn't want an 18 " stand with a 12" bottom layer. It would distract from the beautiful cake. Try a 14" stand. Also, if that is a fondant covered cake, make sure you practice with some square dummies before hand, because squares are a little more difficult to make smooth. I am sure it will be beautiful and your grandparents will be proud!thumbs_up.gif

Thanks so much! I kind of thought that would be too big but wasn't sure. I have covered square cakes before but I'm going to practice some more before then to try to get my edges more sharp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%