You Might Be A Caker's Kid If....

Lounge By sixinarow Updated 28 Jul 2013 , 4:33pm by Jamie_L

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 2:58pm
post #31 of 57

When even at 11 & 15 they get excited about playing with buttercream, piping bags and tips!

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 8:25pm
post #32 of 57

AWhen the granson thinks your name is grammacake.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 8:55pm
post #33 of 57

A

Original message sent by patticake1951

When the granson thinks your name is grammacake.

LOVE this one!

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 10:07pm
post #34 of 57

AThanks. He has calling me that since he was about 2 yrs old. He is6 now and I am still grammacake. Always asks if I brought cake.

tcam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcam Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 1:27am
post #35 of 57

When your 6 year old can tell you're tired and says "Mom, go ahead and rest today.  I'm taking over the cakes and cupcakes today."  Even cuter when he sits down and starts sketching out the designs.

Or,... when he's watching a clay animation movie, and tells all his friends that "It's just fondant.  My mom can do that."   

Or,... when he decorates my extra cupcakes and makes his Dad take them to work to sell.  We'll never tell him the $6 came from Dad's own wallet.  In his mind, he's in business!   

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 1:31am
post #36 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcam 

When your 6 year old can tell you're tired and says "Mom, go ahead and rest today.  I'm taking over the cakes and cupcakes today."  Even cuter when he sits down and starts sketching out the designs.

Or,... when he's watching a clay animation movie, and tells all his friends that "It's just fondant.  My mom can do that."   

Or,... when he decorates my extra cupcakes and makes his Dad take them to work to sell.  We'll never tell him the $6 came from Dad's own wallet.  In his mind, he's in business!   

too sweet

sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 1:50am
post #37 of 57

AIf anytime a timer goes off in the house, my two year old comes running, "cuh-cakes! cuh-cakes!" and then the 4 year old says, "they're not for US, Natalie!"

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 1:57am
post #38 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahgale314 

If anytime a timer goes off in the house, my two year old comes running, "cuh-cakes! cuh-cakes!" and then the 4 year old says, "they're not for US, Natalie!"

hahaha on the "not for us"!! I usually try to make them a few cupcakes out of my frozen batter stash just to keep them from stalking client cakes!

sarahgale314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahgale314 Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 2:00am
post #39 of 57

AIf your 6 year old has already picked outnher wedding cake design: "6 tier red velvet cake filled with chocolate ganache, with white fondant and royal icing buttercream stencil design, and a cascade of gumpaste calla lilies." I've saved this request, amd when she gets married, I'm telling her, "this is what you're getting!"

BatterUpCake Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 2:35am
post #40 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahgale314 

If anytime a timer goes off in the house, my two year old comes running, "cuh-cakes! cuh-cakes!" and then the 4 year old says, "they're not for US, Natalie!"

Haha love it...

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 2:36am
post #41 of 57

You go around hitting your brothers with the cornstarch pouch

tdovewings Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 2:37am
post #42 of 57

You are handing out business cards at 4 proudly and unprompted

tdovewings Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 2:41am
post #43 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentCakeBaker 

You start planning your NEXT birthday cake, a week before your mom finishes making THIS year's birthday cake!

So true, and these kids are picky. They are going through every cake book and magazine I have looking for cakes they want. My four-year old is also a cakecentral junkie, he can type it into google by himself and he types in "cake" +  choose a descriptor in google images. 

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 11:53am
post #44 of 57

AOk, my baby is precious (aren't they all). At least 3 times a day, he'll go stand in front of the cake fridge & say "cake" with the cutest please sound. Of course he gets it! Sometimes, he'll point at the piping bag & say "rosting?" He doesn't usually get that.

But that not the cutest. Sometimes when I'm cutting cake he'll ask & ill say "sorry it's for a client." Yesterday someone came to pick up a cake. DH was at work so it was just us. He was all kinda of hamming it up & flirting ....until...when I gave her the cake from the fridge, lil Jacobs face fell. He started pouting. He pointed & said "cake." I said "it's for the client" & he started crying. She tried to comfort him & he pushed her away.

Maybe you had to be there, but it was absolutely precious!

Texan Aunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texan Aunt Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 1:44pm
post #45 of 57

When a younger sister that last year got a 3d carved pirate ship is complaining that she gets a less carved slightly smaller much less involved castle cake because I started a business this summer and was busier. She also at one point wanted a cake centering around Multiple sculpted fondant deer.icon_lol.gif

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 3:51pm
post #46 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdovewings 

You go around hitting your brothers with the cornstarch pouch

Hahahaha!!! Too funny!!

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 9:48pm
post #47 of 57
You're definately a caker if:

You're posting photos of your wedding cake ON YOUR WEDDING DAY!

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 9:48pm
post #48 of 57
You're definately a caker if:

You're posting photos of your wedding cake ON YOUR WEDDING DAY!

sweetmilk4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmilk4u Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 10:10pm
post #49 of 57

AWhen your friends introduce you to new people as "You know, she made that so & so cake."

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 10:28pm
post #50 of 57

A

Original message sent by sweetmilk4u

When your friends introduce you to new people as "You know, she made that so & so cake."

Oh, yes! All. The. Time.

KCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCC Posted 28 Jul 2013 , 12:22am
post #51 of 57

Not a kid but I stopped to look at something at the farm supply store and told my husband I was looking at it as a cake tool (toy) and he said "I know"icon_lol.gif

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 28 Jul 2013 , 12:37am
post #52 of 57

By the time YOUR birthday rolls around, your mom so sick of cake (or planning and prepping for your party), you are lucky to get cupcakes.  Or even worse, she goes to DQ and gets an icecream cake!

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 28 Jul 2013 , 12:38am
post #53 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeesKnees578 

By the time YOUR birthday rolls around, your mom so sick of cake (or planning and prepping for your party), you are lucky to get cupcakes.  Or even worse, she goes to DQ and gets an icecream cake!

The shoemakers kids typically go shoeless in my house...I know, I am a terrible person!

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 28 Jul 2013 , 10:39am
post #54 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCC 

Not a kid but I stopped to look at something at the farm supply store and told my husband I was looking at it as a cake tool (toy) and he said "I know"icon_lol.gif

My boyfriend is the same! He doesn't even complain that I never use things for their intended purpose! In fact, if I'm stumped on a design he'll think it over then suggest something from the garage (yes we go get a new one if it's determined it can work) or his toolbox.

KCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCC Posted 28 Jul 2013 , 2:16pm
post #55 of 57

My kids are so sick of cake when their B-day comes they request DQ cakes, so I order a plain one and decorate it myself!

BatterUpCake Posted 28 Jul 2013 , 2:20pm
post #56 of 57

You might be a caker's grandkid if you dress lie this all of the time I know, I know...I haev put her up here before but this picture makes me happy

Jamie_L Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jamie_L Posted 28 Jul 2013 , 4:33pm
post #57 of 57

While my grandson (age 3) and I were making some pink tiaras to put on some Sweet 16 cookies, my husband asks, "How many are there?" My grandson replies, "One, two, three, four"  Husband asks, "What about all of these?" Reply, "One, two, three, four". Husband, "Can you count to ten?" Grandson, "Nope" Husband, "Want to learn?" Grandson, "Nope" Husband, "Gavin (his grandson) can count to one thousand!" My grandson, "Can he make sparkly pink tiaras?"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%