Meri White?

Decorating By mumto3madboys Updated 11 Aug 2013 , 5:45am by Tigz

mumto3madboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mumto3madboys Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 12:39pm
post #1 of 5

HI THERE

I AM UNDERSTANDING RIGHT THAT MERI WHITE AND MERINGUE POWDER ARE THE SAME THING?

THANKS

4 replies
auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 5

MeriWhite and US meringue powder is basically the same thing: starch, egg white and sugar with emulsifiers, stabilizers, food acid, and flow agents in differing proportions

BTW - Don't use capital letters - that's "shouting"   ... 

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 5

Maybe if the OP has "2 mad boys," she's gotten used to shouting.icon_biggrin.gif

mumto3madboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mumto3madboys Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 11:51am
post #4 of 5

haha! not only do i have mad boys i do have a entire mad family!!!!

i do apologise i didn't know that using capitals was "shouting" on forums as i have only been on this forum. usually i do only use lower case but if my son has been on the laptop for whatever reason he likes to use capitals! 

and thanks for the advise about the meri white! xx

Tigz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tigz Posted 11 Aug 2013 , 5:45am
post #5 of 5

I have been fortunate enough to work with Ingram bros Meri-White.  The stuff is far superior to stuff like Wiltons Meringue powder (that stuff smells downright vile)  Unfortunately I have not been able to get it here in the US.  I have been utterly spoiled by it.

I have tried Quick Fluff meringue powder and it seems to work relatively well.  I have also tried the one from King Arthur with decent results.  Still, I'm hooked on the Meri-White. 

On the whole though, if you are just using it for something like mixing up RI for cookies, just about any of the brands will work for you.  If you are doing intricate piping, shell out money for the better brands.  (and don't forget the glycerin)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%