An Amazing and Colorful Piñata Cake for Special Occasions.
Prep time:40 mins
Cook time:1 hour
Total time:1 hour 40 mins
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 free-range eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 75g macadamia meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grated zest of one lime
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cups icing sugar
- Juice of one lime
- Food colouring
- Chocolate or lollies to fill
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C fan-forced.
- Grease a pudding dish and line the bottom (prepare two if you have two the same).
- Place the butter and sugar in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and blitz until mixed in.
- Slowly add the flour and macadamia meal then once they’re mixed in add the lime zest and vanilla.
- Scrape the sides down again and process for a few seconds to incorporate the scraped bits.
- Divide the batter in half and pour half into each pudding dish (or save the other half for later).
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to sit in the tin for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Clean out the tin and repeat with the rest of the batter if you’re only using one tin.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese together in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add the icing sugar then the lime juice and beat until it is light and fluffy.
- You may need to add a little water or icing sugar to get it to the right consistency.
- Hollow out the middle of the cooled cakes and fill one half with your goodies.
- Pipe icing around the edge of the cake and place the ‘lid’ on top and press to secure.
- Ice the cake with a thin layer of icing.
- Divide the remaining icing into however many colors you would like and tint them with food coloring.
- Wrap the icings up in plastic wrap to form a sausage and twist and tie it off at one end and twist the other end tightly.
- Gather all the twisted ends together and snip them with scissors then drop them, snipped end first, altogether into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Press from the end of the bag to squeeze out all the colors at once and decorate the cake with icing.
- Leave to set.
ALooks fantastic ! Can I just ask is macadamia meal just ground macadamia's ?