Abilify, Anyone?

Lounge By Annabakescakes Updated 8 Aug 2013 , 1:48am by LoveMeSomeCake615

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 2:43am
post #1 of 27

I have opened it 5 times today. Anyone else? I'm starting to get depressed. bah. 

26 replies
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 3:02am
post #2 of 27

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only person that gets it! I thought it was one of those cookies ads, that is targeted, I was trying to figure out what I was doing that made the internet think I am depressed!

 

I open it constantly.

smittyditty Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 3:03am
post #3 of 27

lol anna when I first started on this website I told my husband they always do depression drug ads.

That there is too many cranky bakers apparently.
 

Norasmom Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 3:04am
post #4 of 27

Can you install AD blocker on your computer?  I have this on my MAC and I never see ads.

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 3:09am
post #5 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only person that gets it! I thought it was one of those cookies ads, that is targeted, I was trying to figure out what I was doing that made the internet think I am depressed!

 

I open it constantly.

I thought that too, but then I look at so many things, and the ads never change. Same dumb ad for months and months! 

kikiandkyle Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 5:27am
post #6 of 27

AI seem to get craftsy ads on every site I visit that has those stalker ads.

Sweet_Cakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 10:52am
post #7 of 27

Bahahaha...come bake cakes with us! Misery loves company!

 

For the record, I get those ads too! Funny thing is, I come here when I get a tad despressed to cheer up...y'all always say something to cheer me up and get me excited to decorate!

cakefat Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 11:12am
post #8 of 27

I don't see that one..maybe it's a US thing?

 

I constantly see and hear the Mandarin Oriental hotel with Liam Neilson (sic?) doing the ad for it...it pops & opens up too much w/ this music. Do they target things that you've looked up? Because I did look up the Mandarin Oriental Miami for dates/reservations a few weeks ago..and now it won't go away.

sixinarow Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 2:26pm
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat 

I don't see that one..maybe it's a US thing?

 

I constantly see and hear the Mandarin Oriental hotel with Liam Neilson (sic?) doing the ad for it...it pops & opens up too much w/ this music. Do they target things that you've looked up? Because I did look up the Mandarin Oriental Miami for dates/reservations a few weeks ago..and now it won't go away.

I'd take Liam Nelson over Abilify any day!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 2:41pm
post #10 of 27

Abilify, oh how I wish it would "Abil i fly". I am so sick of it and every time I accidentally open it I cringe. I am trying to get in the habit of resting my mouse on the left side of the page, but am not too successful. Much more of this and I will be a customer. Augggh.

AZCouture Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 2:45pm
post #11 of 27

AIt's awful!

Sweet_Cakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 3:14pm
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinarow 

I'd take Liam Nelson over Abilify any day!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

I second that!

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 8:17pm
post #13 of 27

As annoying as it is, it is certainly effective. Look how much conversation it's caused. However, were I in charge, I would wish that that coverage were positive. As for me, at this point, I think that Abilify is the last antidepressant I would seek. 

 

Jan

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 8:18pm
post #14 of 27

I JUST NOW OPENED IT! lol, and when I cleared it, this post was on top! 

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 8:21pm
post #15 of 27

I even hear the "opening music????" when I move my mouse up to X out. Doesn't take but a micro second to activate it.

 

Jan

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 8:24pm
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42 

I even hear the "opening music????" when I move my mouse up to X out. Doesn't take but a micro second to activate it.

 

Jan

Wait, you "x" out of CC? I ALWAYS have a CC tab open! lol!

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 8:52pm
post #17 of 27

2 more times!

milkmaid42 Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 9:21pm
post #18 of 27

I have 2 accounts and switch back and forth between them. I am such a dork when it comes to computers, I don't know how much multitasking I can do. I do have it bookmarked, however, and that is an accomplishment for me! 

 

Jan

smittyditty Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 9:48pm
post #19 of 27

Mine just makes the music when my mouse hits it but doesn't open up unless I stay on the ad?

I do occasionally get another drug ad that pops up randomly that isn't abilify on this website.
 

morganchampagne Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 10:12pm
post #20 of 27

A

Original message sent by scrumdiddlycakes

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only person that gets it! I thought it was one of those cookies ads, that is targeted, I was trying to figure out what I was doing that made the internet think I am depressed!

I open it constantly.

Me toooo!!!! I was like..."Where have I gone wrong to make the Internet think I need help" hahahaha. That made me laugh so hard cause I can def relate!

Norasmom Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 2:39am
post #21 of 27

I am glad i have Ad blocker.  It's pretty easy to install. 

 

Abilify is for bi-polar disorder, not depression.  So they must think bakers are moody.   Sometimes, Abilify is used in conjunction with antidepressants to increase their effectiveness.

morganchampagne Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 2:40am
post #22 of 27

ASo you're telling me the Internet thinks I'm bi-polar!!!!! Even worse!

Hahaha I'm kidding of course.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 5:23am
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmom 

I am glad i have Ad blocker.  It's pretty easy to install. 

 

Abilify is for bi-polar disorder, not depression.  So they must think bakers are moody.   Sometimes, Abilify is used in conjunction with antidepressants to increase their effectiveness.


Oh, well I am moody as heck. Maybe the internet knows me better than I thought... lol

Sweet_Cakes Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 10:20am
post #24 of 27

I'm sorry.........but you all are cracking me up!

BatterUpCake Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 6:13pm
post #25 of 27

Never opened the ad but I know my mom is unbearable to be around without it! lol

Annabakescakes Posted 27 Jul 2013 , 6:44pm
post #26 of 27

I opened it about 7 times on Wednesday, so I haven't been on as much as usual after that, lol. I just couldn't take it!

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 8 Aug 2013 , 1:48am
post #27 of 27

UGHHH, I hate those ads! I'm constantly accidentally opening them! I wish they could at least change it up a little, it's been either Abilify or Sea World for me for a long time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%