lunawhisper0013 Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 11:06pm
post #1 of

I work in a grocery store bakery and there is a problem with, shall we say "product execution", among some of the decorators.  Some are just kind of bad....others are more like nightmare fuel.  I wanted to submit a couple pics because they are at once funny...and somewhat horrifying,  If anyone else wants to submit a Cake Horror, please feel free.  It may be entertaining.

"Oscar the Grookie Monster" or "Child of Swamp Thing Wants a Cookie"

This...dog?....has seen me...and now it wants my soul

5 replies
Annabakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 11:26pm
post #2 of

HAHAHHAHA! I have a folder in my computer of some of my grocery store cakes, I will look for it! (I have to look because I keep taking it off old computers and putting it on new ones.) 

FrostedMoon Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 11:43pm
post #3 of

LOL!  These NEED to be on cakewrecks.com!  On the 4th of July my husband impulse bought one of those huge chocolate chip cookies with globs of frosting for decoration.  I couldn't tell if they were sperm or balloons!  I'll have to see if I can find my picture of it.  The worst part was he couldn't understand WHY I was annoyed that he bought it!!!

sixinarow Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 12:09am
post #4 of

Oh my goodness,, it looks like the dog is melting...poor lil puppy!!

Elcee Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 12:21am
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunawhisper0013 

I work in a grocery store bakery and there is a problem with, shall we say "product execution", among some of the decorators.  

I'm probably going to get slammed for this but I just don't see where making fun of your coworkers on a public forum is ok. We've all made bad cakes at one time or another. I know if a friend, acquaintance, or coworker of mine posted one of my bad cakes publicly with the sole intent of mocking me, I would be hurt and angry beyond belief.

Don't get me wrong, I love Cake Wrecks as much as anyone, and I can snark with the best, but Cake Wrecks isn't posting pictures of cakes made by the people with whom they have coffee, lunch, etc.

kikiandkyle Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 12:58am
post #6 of

AThere are some cake horrors on the websites of a couple of the CFL bakers in my area but you never know who's watching so I'll keep quiet!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%