Hi...i'm New! :)

Business By CharlieBradbury Updated 24 Jul 2013 , 7:10am by egypt803

CharlieBradbury Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharlieBradbury Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone, I've been reading and visiting this site for quite a while now so I've finally taken the plunge and joined. Yay! I'm Charlie, 19 and from the UK.

I'm actually hoping for a bit of help. I make and decorate cakes for friends and family for free, and have always been told I could do something with it so now I am. Just where do I start?!

I've decided to do this from home, but I've read that you need licencing and an inspection? Can you work and get the licence for somewhere else other than where you live? Say your nans house or boyfriends?

It's not that I don't want to do it at my house, I do. It's just that we rent, and we have 2 very big very hairy dogs. All the cakes I do at the minute are done at my boyfriends house seeing as he doesn't have the same problem and his kitchen is bigger, not to mention his mum has all the decorating tools that I use and the mixer.

I guess what I'm saying is, does it have to be under your address, or can it be under someone elses but in your name still? I'm based in Coventry, West Midlands, England if that helps/makes a difference?

I know it sounds far fetched, but any ideas or suggestions would be great :)

P.S. Sorry for the long windedness, and hello again :3

2 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 2:32am
post #2 of 3

Welcome!  I don't know the laws in the UK, but I am sure there are plenty of people on this forum to help you!  I am looking forward to seeing your cakes!

egypt803 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egypt803 Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 7:10am
post #3 of 3

Ahi. I'm registered in the uk. don't know the answer to your question but the best thing is probably to ring your local environmental health person and talk it through with them (just ring the council and ask to be put through). the lady who came toinspect my kitchen a couple of years ago was really helpful. good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%