Looking For This Item For A Cake, Can You Help...

Decorating By SweetAngiesCake Updated 23 Jul 2013 , 9:37pm by Annabakescakes

SweetAngiesCake Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to do this cake.  It is a cake that Harps Grocery Stores do.  I am wanting to replicate the round silver circles around the cake and i have looked and looked for the mold and cant find it.  Can anyone give any advice, or know where to find it?

5 replies
keepingitreal21 Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 6

It looks like they molded a western bolo tie. It could be that they had a custom one made just for their use. I searched and didn't see a match. You may have better luck though. I also did a search with western, celtic, star, bolo. That's as close as I could get.

Rosie93095 Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 6

Wilton has a mold that has some western patterns on it, I used it to make some "faux brighton" decorations for a western themed cake. You may be able to use it and shape the fondant after you mold it to make the round shapes.

shanter Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 6

They're called conchos, usually (but not always) used to make a belt. like this cheap thing (it's sterling):



I didn't find a mold, but you might find one at a thrift store (not sterling) or even as a button in a fabric store.

AZCouture Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 8:30pm
post #5 of 6

A grocery store does that? Wow!

Annabakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 6

It is a concho, you can get one at Walmart, in the craft department, and make your own mold. Or just buy a handful, they are about $3 for 5 of them, last I saw.

Quote by @%username% on %date%