Agbay Users...a Question About Your Cake Recipes

Decorating By rockymtnbaker Updated 22 Jul 2013 , 9:15pm by maybenot

rockymtnbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockymtnbaker Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 4:23pm
post #1 of 8

Hello! I've been considering getting an Agbay and as I was watching the demo videos on their website, it looks like the cake they're using is really dense. What kind of recipes work best with this tool? I've used the WASC recipe and cut my own, but it seems it may be too fragile to torte with many layers. 

I feel like I'm not making sense..lol! I need more coffee! Anyway, please share your feedback.

Thank you!

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 8

Type of cake makes absolutely no difference.  The Agbay works with any thing.  Even cakes with nuts.  It will slice right thru them.

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 8

I love my agbay. I got it a few months ago.  I work with a lot of soft cakes and I've had no problems. In fact many of the cakes have been eggless. I always torte/level cold cakes. Not sure if that makes a difference. 

dchinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchinda Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 8

AI love my Agbay! Leveling & torting a cake is so easy! I am just a hobby baker & it isn't inexpensive so I asked my whole family to chip in & buy it for my birthday.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 8

A

Original message sent by leah_s

Type of cake makes absolutely no difference.  The Agbay works with any thing.  Even cakes with nuts.  It will slice right thru them.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 8

That's what makes the agbay so awesome, you don't have to use special cakes. I use it on chiffons and sponges without a problem.

rockymtnbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockymtnbaker Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 9:10pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone! Now to save the money for one....  ;)

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 9:15pm
post #8 of 8

I bake WASC cakes and use my Agbay.  You can cut layers less than a 1/2" thick, if you want to.  The cakes aren't fragile, by any means.  In order to cut down on crumbs, I often do the cutting when the cakes are only partially defrosted and that makes for very quick & clean cuts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%