What Would You Charge?

Business By meriem Updated 22 Jul 2013 , 2:32pm by meriem

meriem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meriem Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone :)

I know this is one of those hated questions on this forum, but I'm really intrigueD to know what is the going price for this cake in the uk market. I live in london to be specific. I made this cake for my friends engagement party, its a 8inch lemon cake with lemon smb and curd filling and a 6in strawberry cake. All ganached then covered in fondant. If i was to put an approximate price on costs i would say £50-60. Anyway, I'm more interested in knowing what you would charge and would love to here from fellow londoner's if any are lurking about :)

please excuse the background on the first picture :)

I did not charge for this cake as it was a gift and this is just a hobby, but i'm thinking of starting my business soon and was wondering on pricing.

thank you in advance!

5 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 2:24pm
post #2 of 6

more than that if you hope for profitability.  At least 90L

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 6

Lovely cake with a flawless finish. I would have made a couple of changes, though - had the solid tier on the bottom and the patterned tier on top - it would look less top-heavy.

I would charge:

£175

$268

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 6

Lovely cake with a flawless finish. I would have made a couple of changes, though - had the solid tier on the bottom and the patterned tier on top - it would look less top-heavy.

I would charge:

£175

$268

meriem Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 6

ATh

Original message sent by Norasmom

more than that if you hope for profitability.  At least 90L

Thank you Nora for your help, I meant costs in terms of what it cost me to make not what I would charge. It's probably cost more the. It would if I bought wholesale and watched my spending though

meriem Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 2:32pm
post #6 of 6

A

Original message sent by Godot

I would charge:

£175 $268

Thank you, yes I agree it would look better the other way round. I wanted to Make a white rose so that's why I made the top red, I agree with you though. 175 sounds good, I was thinking around the 200 mark myself so not far off

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%