Sams Cupcakes

Decorating By ttaunt Updated 21 Jul 2013 , 6:07am by ttaunt

ttaunt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttaunt Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 8

I recently bought  150 frozen cupcakes (not iced) from Sams to try. They have a really nice flavor but I find they are kinda dry. Do you think it would be ok to inject a few drops of simple syrup into them. I recently saw on a video a  baker injecting cake layers with simple syrup. I probably wont be using those very often,just in emergency situations.

7 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 3:09am
post #2 of 8

AYikes. Grocery store cupcakes. Not really surprised that they are dry. Yes, you can but there is no need to inject them. You can just brush some simple syrup on top.

ttaunt Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 4:33am
post #3 of 8

I have to make 600 cupcakes for my grandson's wedding,so I figured I'd just try them out in case I get in a bind. I'm 62 years old and sometimes I'm feeling under the weather. I fully plan to make them but, I decided to check out those cupcakes in case of emergency.

Carrie789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carrie789 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 5:36am
post #4 of 8

Better yet. enlist a couple children, grandchildren, whoever, to do most of the work and you can supervise. I am older than you, and I have learned that no one is going to know you need or want help if you don't tell them.

ttaunt Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 8

That might be an option for me to consider. I've already decided the Sam's cupcakes are not up to my standards,so I won't be using them. Thanks for your input,

Carrie789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carrie789 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 8:12pm
post #6 of 8

Good luck!

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 1:47am
post #7 of 8

AYou can make them ahead of time and freeze them. if you don't have the space, enlist the freezer space of friends and family. Then all you have to do is defrost them and frost.

ttaunt Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 6:07am
post #8 of 8

That sounds like a plan. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%