A No Occasion Cake.

Lounge By kaylawaylalayla Updated 19 Jul 2013 , 2:10pm by as you wish

kaylawaylalayla Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 1:42am
post #1 of 9

ADoes anyone ever order cakes from you with no occasion? I am craving cake sooooo bad right now, and I just want a cake that's from scratch and freshly made with beautiful homemade butter cream and I want it to be adorable and most of all I don't want to make it! What's the smallest cake you sell? And how basic are you willing to go on dexoration?

8 replies
Rosegin Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 1:53am
post #2 of 9

AI'm a fairly new hobby baker but I'd make a non occasion cake. Sometimes you just want cake! Lol

melanie-1221 Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 2:04am
post #3 of 9

Smallest I will make is a 6 inch and I make them all the time for no special occasion. Sunday dinner desserts, hostess gifts, and a pregnant woman craving chocolate buttercream are a few of my small fun cake requests. icon_biggrin.gif

morganchampagne Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 2:09am
post #4 of 9

AI do them all the time. Just plain iced if I'm feeling good that day ill do a shell border lol. Ill do a 6". I have extremely small hands lol so 4" are not a problem. But nobody ever asks for them

jason_kraft Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 2:35am
post #5 of 9

AWe had "no occasion" orders all the time, usually from repeat customers...possibly because many of our customers had not eaten cake in many years (or ever in some cases).

The smallest cake we offer is an 8" round (we can make a 6" round but it is the same price as the 8") for $44 ($49 gluten-free), this includes a border and either flowers or balloons plus a short message.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 2:37am
post #6 of 9

I'll make them as small or plain as people want, as long as they pay my minimum order price :P

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 3:20am
post #7 of 9

AI am doing a 6" lemon with blackberry rough iced, for in the morning. The client was a bride of mine, and her new husband didn't get to taste the cake, so she is just picking it up. I take less care for my "dessert cakes" than anything else, and it is going to take me 15 minutes to make it, and I charge $2 a serving for it, so $24. I did one for her that was the same for her bachelorette camping weekend, before the marriage, and it was the main flavor in her wedding cake. she is hooked!

I recommend keeping a freezer bag full of cupcakes in the back of the freezer for these occasions when you need cake fast!

Rosie93095 Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 1:47pm
post #8 of 9

I make them all of the time. I have one customer whose husband likes my vanilla bean cake with vanilla bean BC that she gets an 8" cake and "rations" his servings so he can have a piece daily:)

as you wish Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 2:10pm
post #9 of 9

AI get people who make up occasions to order cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%