Boiled Icing

Decorating By face96 Updated 20 Jul 2013 , 2:54pm by cakemom007

face96 Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 6

I have a wedding in August that I am making cookies for.  I make an old time boiled icing to frost them with.  The bride has asked the colors to be white, brown and silver.  Obviously the white won't be a problem, but any suggestions on the brown and silver?  I live in a small town in northern Wisconsin, and I don't have any craft stores close by that I might be able to get things at.  My only option would be a Walmart, or possibly ordering something on line.  Thanks so much!    icon_smile.gif

5 replies
bct806 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 3:17am
post #2 of 6

AThe Walmart near me sells Wilton's colors. Brown is definitely one of the colors. Silver, not sure what you are doing with the color but you could use luster dust after you make the frosting. You could even make it a pale grey and then add the luster dust on top. My Walmart sells the dust as well. If yours doesn't (they really should), then try online. You can get Americolor online. No store near me sells it.

face96 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much!  I will try and get to a Walmart and see what I can find.  It's a country themed wedding, so I have a cookie cutters in a boot, a hat, and a gun.  So, the gun shape is where the silver will be coming in.  Thanks again!

magallanera Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 1:14pm
post #4 of 6

AThere are a lot of silver food color spray in ebay... You should use it...

face96 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 1:35pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks!  I never thought to look on ebay!  I think I may go that way, I can get brown dust also!  It would save me time and money just having them sent to me!  Thanks again!!!  icon_smile.gif

cakemom007 Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 6

For brown a lot of the time I use coco powder if I'm making black I start with coco powder and then add the black after its dark enough,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%