Great Now I Feel Like Crap.

Business By KellyMorgin Updated 19 Jul 2013 , 3:32am by KellyMorgin

KellyMorgin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyMorgin Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:28pm
post #1 of 12

Went to meet a client last night told her i would be 30 minutes late due to baby sitter not showing. She said it was fine she only lived one block from the coffee shop. I asked if she was sure or would she like to reschedule if it was too late? She said no. I show up 25 minutes later sat there for 45 minutes no show. I then emailed her to tell her that I'm sorry we could not connect and told her i was there from 7p-7:45p asked if another date worked for her. 

She replied that she was there from 7:05-7:30p  then came back at 8p-8:20p it is not possible that i missed her unless she is invincible. There was two others in the shop at the time i asked them both if they are meeting with a cake designer both said no. Arr this just makes me feel so bad because i was there! She said how she cannot trust me to make her child's cake, and that she will go with another decorator that would show up! This is so not good for my name, this has never happened i swear i was there and she does not believe me! 

My gf had me thinking, when i got home she said "she didn't show up huh"? I said no she did not how did you know? She said "didn't you try to get a hold of her three times to even confirm the meeting"? I said yes i did but she answered two minutes before it was time for us to meet up so i didn't really see it as a no show. I mean i was the late one after all. She then said that the girl has done this in the past i had to look WAY back into my order forms and confirmed she did a no show for FREE cupcakes. I still feel awful i don't like anyone thinking that i am unreliable! That's no good for my business. 

11 replies
JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 12

and it was the correct coffee shop?  I think she's lying to you.  No way you could have missed her. I would ignore her and move on.  If you afraid of her bad mouthing you, well this too shall pass. I don't know what is wrong with people sometimes...just very rude I think.  You don't want to deal with her anyways. Stay strong, it will only sting a minute!! thumbs_up.gif

PinkLotus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLotus Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 12

AIs it possible there was a miscommunication and you two were at two different coffee shops? If not, then it sounds like there's something off about this customer, and maybe losing her business isn't a bad thing.

KellyMorgin Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 12

No way that it was another coffee shop, i confirmed address two times she even said its the one by such and such correct? I agreed. Plus there is only one coffee shop in Miami with this particular name. I will take your advice and move on, nothing more that i can do anyways right?

scwright Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scwright Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 12

she sounds crazy, there is no miscommunication on your part, you told her you would be 30 mins late and she said okay why would she then leave and then return around 8? That makes no sense the only one unreliable is her not you. You don't need her business but you if you do decide to do business with her in the future I would suggest you get paid in full upfront before working on anything for her.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 2:21pm
post #6 of 12

Honestly, good riddance to her and I wouldn't worry about your reputation. While it isn't good to be late for a meeting, you alerted her and she said it was fine. If she goes somewhere else, then maybe that is a good thing. 

You didn't DO the cake and so really all that she has to complain about is that somehow you missed each other at a coffee shop. Who knows if even if you were on time you wouldn't have "missed" each other, since she seems invisible.....

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 2:37pm
post #7 of 12

AIf I am meeting a customer somewhere other than their home I always get their cell number (two numbers if possible) to avoid this type of situation.

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 2:43pm
post #8 of 12

ASorry this happened to you. :( Stuff like this is so frustrating, but it is going to happen sometimes so don't let it get to you. As far as her bad mouthing you and hurting your reputation, I wouldn't worry about that. She sounds pretty flakey and odds are that her friends already know that about her and won't pay much attention to it.

KellyMorgin Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 10:44pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks guys i feel about 90% better now.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 12:29am
post #10 of 12

Either she went to the wrong coffee shop or she's lying. Some people are just weird, don't let them worry you.

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 2:09am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

Either she went to the wrong coffee shop or she's lying. Some people are just weird, don't let them worry you.

I don't think there's anything truer than the bolded!

KellyMorgin Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 3:32am
post #12 of 12

LOL 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%