Cake Contract As A Home Baker?

Business By Cakes by Bri Updated 18 Jul 2013 , 1:53pm by Cakes by Bri

Cakes by Bri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes by Bri Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 3:20am
post #1 of 7

AHi all, So I am fairly new to this and I bake and decorate from home. I do a lot of research and I see obviously most of you with a business or storefront have a "cake contract". Should I have one as a home baker? Silly question? I'd like the idea of one but not sure how to go about it and sharing it with my customers. Do you give them a paper form of your contract when they pay? Email?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge here! All advice or suggestions appreciated!

6 replies
vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 4:11am
post #2 of 7

A

Original message sent by Cakes by Bri

Hi all, So I am fairly new to this and I bake and decorate from home. I do a lot of research and I see obviously most of you with a business or storefront have a "cake contract". Should I have one as a home baker? Silly question? I'd like the idea of one but not sure how to go about it and sharing it with [B]my customers.[/B] Do you give them a paper form of your contract when they pay? Email?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge here! All advice or suggestions appreciated!

If you run a business, you should have a contract for your clients.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 4:13am
post #3 of 7

AAbsolutely. All the more since you're a small operation, you need to do everything you can to protect your income. Aside from legalities concerning your state and local laws, you can customize your contract to what suits you. Check out the Cake Boss website (not the Buddy guy, but the software). There's a sample contract that you can download and tweak to your liking. There's others out there too, just.google around a bit.

keepingitreal21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepingitreal21 Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 4:36am
post #4 of 7

You definitely need a contract. If you google cake contract, wedding cake contract, etc., you will come across several. CakeBoss software has a generic one as well as Earlene's site. If you search this site, a few members have offered up there's as a sample to use. I've included my wedding cake contract. For other cakes such as tiered celebration, 3D or basic cakes, I've just tailored the contract for those occasions.

keepingitreal21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepingitreal21 Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 4:44am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Absolutely. All the more since you're a small operation, you need to do everything you can to protect your income. Aside from legalities concerning your state and local laws, you can customize your contract to what suits you. Check out the Cake Boss website (not the Buddy guy, but the software). There's a sample contract that you can download and tweak to your liking. There's others out there too, just.google around a bit.

Okay, so I starting typing mine before AZ but left up my screen to get my 3 month old for about 20 minutes, then uploaded my doc and hit submit...lol! Now it seems I have repeated her information...oh well. I'm feeling all gooey inside...AZ, you made me feel like I knew what I was talking about...YAY!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 5:11am
post #6 of 7

A

Original message sent by keepingitreal21

Okay, so I starting typing mine before AZ but left up my screen to get my 3 month old for about 20 minutes, then uploaded my doc and hit submit...lol! Now it seems I have repeated her information...oh well. I'm feeling all gooey inside...AZ, you made me feel like I knew what I was talking about...YAY!

Nah, I just knew what you were gonna say and beat ya to it...ha ha!

Cakes by Bri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes by Bri Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 1:53pm
post #7 of 7

AThank you all so much! I'm looking into all of this now! :-) Sorry again for my newbie lack of knowledge!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%