Regular Vs " Taller" Regular/jumbo What Sells Better?

Baking By mbocharski Updated 18 Jul 2013 , 5:29pm by mbocharski

mbocharski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbocharski Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 12:18am
post #1 of 7

What do you think would sell better at a farmers market? I was suppose to start the market a week ago but it rained out so this week is my first week. I have a bunch or regular or tall/jumbo liners. I'm not sure which ones would be better to make. Do more people go for the normal or taller/jumbo? The taller liners I have are 2" base with 2" sides so it fits into my normal cupcake pan but they are about double the size of my standard cupcakes. I don't want the in between sizes because after ordering and shipping they get kinda expensive(plus I ordered some a week ago just to try out and they haven't even been shipped yet! SO annoying.) while I can pick up the normal or jumbo less then 5 minutes from my house for 1/2 the price. My husband thinks the jumbo is just too much cake but he's not a cake person so I figured i'd ask what you guys think would be better to sell. Thanks!

6 replies
sewlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewlo Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 6:48am
post #2 of 7

AI sell regular sized cupcakes at my farmer's market and they sell well. No one has complained about the size.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 6:57am
post #3 of 7

AI personally feel that jumbo is too much cake, and a regular sized cupcake is plenty. And there is a chef saying that goes, "Always leave them wanting more." You don't want to stuff them :-)

mbocharski Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you so much, I went with the regular and figured later on if i do good can add in the jumbo! :)

mbocharski Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, my husband said if they buy a jumbo they have no reason to buy 2-3 more of them since the jumbo is enough for 2 people who just want a snack. Guess he's pretty smart lol.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 5:26pm
post #6 of 7

A

Original message sent by mbocharski

Yes, my husband said if they buy a jumbo they have no reason to buy 2-3 more of them since the jumbo is enough for 2 people who just want a snack. Guess he's pretty smart lol.

Never question your husbands taste, or smarts, after all, he married you!

mbocharski Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 5:29pm
post #7 of 7

This is so very true! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%