Anyone Know What This Texture Is Called Or How It's Done?

Decorating By cakeboxgirls Updated 17 Jul 2013 , 5:14pm by 61999

cakeboxgirls Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 5:03pm
post #1 of 4

I've found several pictures of cakes with this texture, but no instructions or even a note about the type of icing used. Can anyone help?


Pinned Image

3 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 4

ATo me, it just looks like it is iced smooth, then the pattern is piped on.

cakeboxgirls Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks - that was my first inclination but the more I looked at it the more I questioned it! It probably is as simple as that.

61999 Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 5:14pm
post #4 of 4

It's butter cream and it's just piped.  I did a similar cake and used a small round tip for the lines.


LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Quote by @%username% on %date%