So What Does Everybody Look Like?

Lounge By kaylawaylalayla Updated 4 Sep 2013 , 2:11am by smittyditty

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 6:07am
post #121 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

HOW did I miss this thread?!!! It's so good to see everyone. Beautiful faces all around. Okay I made mine my avatar. *Can't believe I'm doing this*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

vgcea, I knew you'd have a sweet smile!

Funny thought, for some reason, I was picturing you as a W.A.S.P. lol! Shows what I know, right? You are cute as I don't know what, and definitely have a gorgeous smile! Nothing to hide, or be afraid about!

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 6:12am
post #122 of 261

AHehehe. Thanks Anna. When I put the photo up I smiled to myself and thought with a wicked grin, "They're going to be shocked I'm brown but nobody will have the guts to bring it up." Nobody but Anna. Gotta love our Anna. LOL.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 6:17am
post #123 of 261

I was taught to sew properly, thing is, I'm all about shortcuts, (ahem *lazy*). Since you never see the tops of my skirts, I just surge the top and sew an elastic in, there is no such thing as dart or linings, and if it can be done with safety pins... you better believe it's getting done with safety pins!

I have been so off with how I thought everyone would look, haha. I always have this detailed picture of someone in my head, and it's never even close!

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 6:47am
post #124 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

Hehehe. Thanks Anna. When I put the photo up I smiled to myself and thought with a wicked grin, "They're going to be shocked I'm brown but nobody will have the guts to bring it up." Nobody but Anna. Gotta love our Anna. LOL.

HAHAHAHAHAA! Leave it to me, right? I love you say you are brown because I never say "black" or "white", if a color has to be brought up, like describing a perp or something, I say brown or peach or pink, or pasty lol. Or a flavor, haha!  I think I am the second from the left, pasty pinkish peachy, with cappuccino to dark chocolate, (and every flavor in between), spots all over  ;-)

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 6:51am
post #125 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

I was taught to sew properly, thing is, I'm all about shortcuts, (ahem *lazy*). Since you never see the tops of my skirts, I just surge the top and sew an elastic in, there is no such thing as dart or linings, and if it can be done with safety pins... you better believe it's getting done with safety pins!

I have been so off with how I thought everyone would look, haha. I always have this detailed picture of someone in my head, and it's never even close!

Oh, honey, I am all about shortcuts, too! My motto is "pins are for chumps" lol. I either just hold it together as I sew, or if it is a slippery fabric, I will STAPLE it, at the edge, for the seam, then surge the staple off, lol.

The only thing I pin is a set-in sleeve, or ruffles, though my $30 cheater ruffle foot is amazing!

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 6:59am
post #126 of 261

A

Original message sent by kakeladi

I don't have a recent pic that I can think of.  Besides you all are soooooooo young - except for yortma.  I'd LOVE, Love, love3 to see IndyDebi :)

I took this to be a joke, actually, since yortma and hub are dressed in costumes depicting the mid-1800s.

I think kakeladi meant it to be a joke - like yortma is really 150 yesrs old but still going strong.

Kakeladi has probably gone to bed by now, but I'm sure when she gets back here tomorrow she'll be absolutely mortified that y'all interpreted her post in an ugly way.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 7:14am
post #127 of 261

all I have to say is that boy I may have married the wrong man lol. I want to go to a dickens party and then go see the nut cracker afterwards. those seem like good Christmas time things. but I know that I would have to do them alone.

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 7:19am
post #128 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi 

I don't have a recent pic that I can think of.  Besides you all are soooooooo young - except for yortma. 
I'd LOVE, Love, love3 to see IndyDebi icon_smile.gif

I took this to be a joke, actually, since yortma and
hub are dressed in costumes depicting the mid-1800s.

I think kakeladi meant it to be a joke - like yortma is really 150 yesrs old but still going strong.

Kakeladi has probably gone to bed by now, but I'm sure when she gets back here tomorrow she'll be absolutely mortified that y'all interpreted her post in an ugly way.

I seriously doubt it, though you certainly have given her a good "out". If it were a joke, the standard thing to do would be to spell it out, like you have. "like yortma is really 150 yesrs old but still going strong." or put a winking face, or lol, or  J/K....SOMETHING!

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 7:26am
post #129 of 261

AI'm not sure about that. Not evegyone uses smilies, always. I certainly don't.

Kakeladi's been around here a long time and I can never remember her being rude or ugly to others. Unless she has some weird personal vendetta against yortma, of course...

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 9:17am
post #130 of 261

OK this is meeeee!

PS everyone looks great!!

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 12:07pm
post #131 of 261

A

Original message sent by vgcea

HOW did I miss this thread?!!! It's so good to see everyone. Beautiful faces all around. Okay I made mine my avatar. *Can't believe I'm doing this*

I missed it!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 12:26pm
post #132 of 261

I love seeing everyone's pictures but I must confess that I avoid being on the picture end of the photos.  Some of us do not take good photos and they get even worse as we get old.  Funnily enough my daughters sent me a photo yesterday and then mock abused me because it is of her and her brother and he takes great photos and she takes shockers half of the time.  I might try and see if I can get a reasonable one in the next week and if I do I will post it.  If I don't I am 5'4, naturally blonde and 56kg.  Ohh and old.  53 tomorrow but it is the best age I've ever been.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 12:31pm
post #133 of 261

AOh Cazza, I hope you can find one!!

40 is wonderful. It's much better than the alternative!

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 12:34pm
post #134 of 261

A

Original message sent by cazza1

I love seeing everyone's pictures but I must confess that I avoid being on the picture end of the photos.  Some of us do not take good photos and they get even worse as we get old.  Funnily enough my daughters sent me a photo yesterday and then mock abused me because it is of her and her brother and he takes great photos and she takes shockers half of the time.  I might try and see if I can get a reasonable one in the next week and if I do I will post it.  If I don't I am 5'4, naturally blonde and 56kg.  Ohh and old.  53 tomorrow but it is the best age I've ever been.

Happy birthday!!!

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 1:09pm
post #135 of 261

Here I am!  I am surprised to see how many of you beautiful ladies look!  I love seeing the beautiful, shy smiles behind the super sarcastic comments that make me laugh daily! You ladies are hilarious and most of you looked very different in my head! I love you all! 

knlcox Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 1:13pm
post #136 of 261

Oh, God! My stupid face is on the home page, newest cakes!

badger1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badger1964 Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 2:44pm
post #137 of 261

Well this is me, not very pretty but was never photo genic in the first place lol.. Hate the camera lol..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151124163759994&set=a.95723049993.108052.564884993&type=3&theater

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 3:56pm
post #138 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlcox 

Yeah, that happens with all of them. But don't worry, you are stupendously gorgeous!

Alvida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alvida Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 4:26pm
post #139 of 261

I'm pretty much a lurker and learner also. I've been doing butter cream cakes for years and just started recently expanding my abilities. Cake central is awesome! You are all so talented, beautiful and helpful. :) I love seeing pictures of you all, they are great. I don't much like showing pictures of myself but I'll try one. One of my wedding photos not long ago and I'm not young, hitting the big 50 this year!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2614525567056&set=t.596926252&type=3&theater

Hope this works

kaylawaylalayla Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 5:05pm
post #140 of 261

A

Original message sent by knlcox

I love your chef coat!

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 11:44pm
post #141 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvida 

I'm pretty much a lurker and learner also. I've been doing butter cream cakes for years and just started recently expanding my abilities. Cake central is awesome! You are all so talented, beautiful and helpful. :) I love seeing pictures of you all, they are great. I don't much like showing pictures of myself but I'll try one. One of my wedding photos not long ago and I'm not young, hitting the big 50 this year!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2614525567056&set=t.596926252&type=3&theater

Hope this works

The picture won't work! 

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 11:45pm
post #142 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

Quote:

Yeah, that happens with all of them. But don't worry, you are stupendously gorgeous!

Oh, I agree!

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 11:50pm
post #143 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger1964 

Well this is me, not very pretty but was never photo genic in the first place lol.. Hate the camera lol..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151124163759994&set=a.95723049993.108052.564884993&type=3&theater

Please don't ever be pretty! I love seeing how many guys are on here, it helps me to encourage my husband that he could switch careers, he has always thought of it as my thing...but I love his company, help, and encouragement. 

BTW, my husband used to be pretty, and I am WAY more into him now that I would've been when he was pretty. Manly is much better than pretty! Consider, if you will: 261697_231740330171119_4985751_n.jpg

309208_489223107756172_1022537457_n.jpg

The first picture looks like someone who

Alvida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alvida Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 1:17am
post #144 of 261

Ok, Hopefully this one works...

knlcox Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 2:22am
post #145 of 261

Annabakes, your husband is pretty indeed! lol l love his tats! He's definitely a cutie!  It's funny how some men look better as they get older!

My hubby is one of them.  He was all long and lanky when he was younger until he turned about 25 and now he's perfect with wrinkles in all the right places.  Even his salt and pepper hair makes him look great.  Of course I will say that.  I love him!   

Annabakescakes Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 3:02am
post #146 of 261
Quote:

Annabakes, your husband is pretty indeed! lol l love his tats! He's definitely a cutie!  It's funny how some men look better as they get older!

My hubby is one of them.  He was all long and lanky when he was younger until he turned about 25 and now he's perfect with wrinkles in all the right places.  Even his salt and pepper hair makes him look great.  Of course I will say that.  I love him!   

Lol ;-) Thank you. I just love him to pieces. He is graying, too, and I love it!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 3:59am
post #147 of 261

OHHHH my goodness!!!! I certainly **NEVER, ever** meant to say anyone was "older than dirt' but me :(

I only meant that yortma was closer to my age than any of the rest of you.

.........  I'm sure when she gets back here tomorrow she'll be absolutely mortified that y'all interpreted her post in an ugly way......

BOY you can say that again and again, and again, and again and....................

........ I'm not young, hitting the big 50 this year!........

Honey, that in my book is still YOUNG..  See when your approaching 80 then your not young any more

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 5:19am
post #148 of 261

A*Gasp* kakeladi you just offended my grandmother. #can'twin

Bosbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bosbo Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 10:51am
post #149 of 261

Me and my daughter who is 2, i also have a son who is 8 months 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/58470_10151507123164468_664503270_n.jpg

kaylawaylalayla Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 10:56am
post #150 of 261

her face made me smile! what a cutie! ever since I had my daughter ( she's 18 months), whenever I see other babies I get super excited:P.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%