So What Does Everybody Look Like?

Lounge By kaylawaylalayla Updated 4 Sep 2013 , 2:11am by smittyditty

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 3:05pm
post #91 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

There was a thread like this about 4 years ago ;-)

Here's the 2007 thread:

http://cakecentral.com/t/171831/let-me-see-what-you-look-like

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 3:36pm
post #92 of 261

That's me in my avatar...but here's one with my awesome husband who is the one who got me decorating cakes.

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 18 Jul 2013 , 4:36pm
post #93 of 261

No surprise what I look like, as it's my avatar, but here's another pic of me and the hubby!

AppleMark

But this is probably me at my best!! icon_wink.gif

AppleMark

Suzanne x

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 3:30am
post #95 of 261

AMore great shots of everyone!

AlphaSierra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlphaSierra Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 3:44am
post #96 of 261

Did anyone else kind of suspect Jason Kraft to look like Snidley Whiplash from the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon? Or is that just me..

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:17am
post #97 of 261

ANo emoticons with a mustache? Curses! Foiled again!

:top hat:

PastryChefAnnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PastryChefAnnie Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:49am
post #98 of 261
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:16pm
post #99 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft 

No emoticons with a mustache? Curses! Foiled again!

hat1.gif

Of course, I'm sure Jason doesn't sneer like that. icon_smile.gif

shanter Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:40pm
post #100 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft 

No emoticons with a mustache? Curses! Foiled again!

hat1.gif

bsy bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bsy bug Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 10:32pm
post #101 of 261

Here I am.  Fairly new to the CC world, but I have to say, I love it, it's addicting.  We have a beautiful family here.  I sort of look the the real-life version of my cartoon avatar, but with bags under my eyes.400

TheSugarplumB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSugarplumB Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 5:59pm
post #102 of 261

I'm probably not what people would expect a cake maker to look like, I know I get a lot of raised eyebrows when I tell people what I do for a living! I cringe when new customers turn up that have never seen me before. I'm a big piercing and tattoo fan and have slightly odd hair.... It looks normal from this side, but it's shaved all round the sides and back :) I love it though. Miss having it all pink though :(

didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 6:17pm
post #103 of 261

I am loving this thread!  It's nice to put faces behind the names!  

Ok, my turn, here goes...

Annabakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 6:18pm
post #104 of 261

A

Original message sent by TheSugarplumB

I'm probably not what people would expect a cake maker to look like, I know I get a lot of raised eyebrows when I tell people what I do for a living! I cringe when new customers turn up that have never seen me before. I'm a big piercing and tattoo fan and have slightly odd hair.... It looks normal from this side, but it's shaved all round the sides and back :) I love it though. Miss having it all pink though :(

[URL=http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3062029/] [/URL]

Lol, I am not surprised, I had to see where you are located because there is a bakery in Ohio, called SugarPlum's and she has pink hair and piercings. ;-)

TheSugarplumB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSugarplumB Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 6:27pm
post #105 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Lol, I am not surprised, I had to see where you are located because there is a bakery in Ohio, called SugarPlum's and she has pink hair and piercings. icon_wink.gif

Ha ha, what are the odds of that! She and I obviously have great taste ;)

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 1:05am
post #106 of 261

AHOW did I miss this thread?!!! It's so good to see everyone. Beautiful faces all around. Okay I made mine my avatar. *Can't believe I'm doing this*

shanter Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 1:26am
post #107 of 261

vgcea, I knew you'd have a sweet smile!

vgcea Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 1:43am
post #108 of 261

A

Original message sent by shanter

vgcea, I knew you'd have a sweet smile!

Awww! You're too kind. Thanks!

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 2:35am
post #109 of 261

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 2:52am
post #110 of 261

AppleMarkAppleMark

My husband and I at the Dicken's Faire last Christmas (I love making costumes) and just 3 days ago on vacation in the Canadian Rockies.  I really enjoy seeing the faces behind the beautiful cakes!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 3:23am
post #111 of 261

I don't have a recent pic that I can think of.  Besides you all are soooooooo young - except for yortma. 

I'd LOVE, Love, love3 to see IndyDebi :)

shanter Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 4:03am
post #112 of 261

I think that's IndyDebi in her avatar. With the magic sword of wonderfulness spatula.

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 4:46am
post #113 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi 

I don't have a recent pic that I can think of.  Besides you all are soooooooo young - except for yortma. 

Dang, that's cold.... I'd rather be a "foul mouth"....

yortma Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 5:05am
post #114 of 261
Quote:

I wish I could delete my post but I can't.  I thought it was all in fun, but must admit, I am sorry I joined in on this one.

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 5:11am
post #115 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by yortma 

Quote:

I wish I could delete my post but I can't.  I thought it was all in fun, but must admit, I am sorry I joined in on this one.

Don't worry about it, age is nothing but a number. Just like beauty is only skin deep. and UGLY GOES CLEAR to the bone. Ugly, spiteful, nastiness, clear to the bone.

HUGS, yortma.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 5:18am
post #116 of 261

ADid you make those Dickens costumes Yortma? They're amazing! And I don't think you look anything like old (hoping that kakeladi was trying to make a joke about the Dickens era outfits)!

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 5:21am
post #117 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by yortma 

AppleMarkAppleMark

My husband and I at the Dicken's Faire last Christmas (I love making costumes) and just 3 days ago on vacation in the Canadian Rockies.  I really enjoy seeing the faces behind the beautiful cakes!

I have heard that as you grow older, you are given the face you deserve. You are beautiful, and look very kind and happy, as does your husband.

Perhaps someone else was given the face they deserve, so they are ashamed to show it, so they try to make other people suffer for their own ugliness?

yortma Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 5:25am
post #118 of 261

AThanks Annabakescakes and Kikiandkyle. You are both so kind. At least I still feel young on the inside. (I did make my costume. My other hobby besides baking!)

vgcea Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 5:53am
post #119 of 261

AYortma you are absolutely beautiful. And you have a nice figure. You go girl!

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 6:03am
post #120 of 261

I love to sew, too. I don't do it very often because I don't have dedicated space in which to do it. It feels more like a chore when you have to drag it all out and put it all back up again, in time for dinner. There were times I didn't want to put a project up, and wound up ordering pizza, since the dining room table is my work space. Sort of kills some of the savings, over just buying premade! But premade is often so janky! I took in sewing when I was newly divorced with 4 year old twins, and a 6 month old. One of the ladies I sewed for was a reseller, and didn't "waste money on patterns" She had me hem a bolt of fabric, so she could quickly cut it into skirts O.o I asked wouldn't it all unravel? (KNOWING it would!) and she replied, not until after they buy it. SHOCKING!

She would have me sew woven cotton bands, meant for scrubs on the ends of lycra leggings that were so small I could barely turn them right side out. She made her "multiple sizes" by folding a pile of fabric in half, and chewing through it with scissors. The inner leggings would be smaller than the outer, that way....and one leg would be wider than the other.  She did the matching tops the same way, with the top of the shoulder at the fold, and just free hand cut a circle in it for the neck, and cut a down the sides allowing for a 2" shoulder strap. When I would sew them, she didn't allow hemming the raw edges, just sew the band at the bottom of each side, then sew the sides together. The neckline from the top of the stack would be so deep in the front and back that it looked like something a professional wrestler would wear, and the ones from the inner pile would be so small I couldn't push it over my infant's head, but they were all the same width.

It was like a house of horrors, sewing for her, but I just grinned and bore it, since I needed the money...and then she would short me! Between $8 to $20 every single time! She finally fired me after chewing me out for some imagined slight. She sent her guy to pick up the fabric, and he said she didn't care about people or quality, and nobody ever came back.

I talk even more in person, lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%