Buttercream On A Wedding Cake! Help Me Please:)

Decorating By sandyfae Updated 16 Jul 2013 , 4:51pm by kikiandkyle

sandyfae Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 5

ADoing a wedding cake, and I was going to do fondant, but the cake she wants would look better in buttercream. Do any of you have a good recipe for buttercream for a wedding? Never done buttercream cause I can't get it smooth enough! The only recipe I have is the Wilton buttercream that I use for decoration and piping and I don't like the taste of that to use for a whole cake! Help please!

4 replies
JaeRodriguez Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 5

If you look in the recipe section of this website or google buttercream recipes you will be able to find some.  I use an all butter AMBC but you may want to look for an SMBC or IMBC since you don't like the taste of the AMBC you've made in the past. All of these are used on wedding cakes though, you just have to try them and figure out which one you would like to use! :)

kaylawaylalayla Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 5

AAmbc is american butter cream? I use the sweetopolita smbc recipe with half shortening. Really I find the term smbc annoying to me it is simply swiss butter cream, but whatevs. If you haven't usedswiss butter cream before, its important to not that it doesn't crust. As for smoothing, I'm sure you know that a crumb coat can be your best friend.

ellavanilla Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 5

I use rose beranbaum's Italian Meringue

here's a pretty good tutorial for frosting

kikiandkyle Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 4:51pm
post #5 of 5

AThere's a free class on craftsy about butter cream that uses the meringue technique.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%