Help With Purchasing A Cake Air Brushing Machine, Please!

Decorating By kimscakes25 Updated 23 Jul 2013 , 5:58pm by didi5

kimscakes25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimscakes25 Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 2

AI have come to the conclusion that the best way to cover my upcoming small wedding cake order, is to purchase an air brush machine. I had originally thought of purchasing the Duff air brush machine with Michaels coupon savings. But after reading alot of reviews and blogs it looks like a few other machines aren't that much more in price. Can anyone recommend a good first time user air brush machine? I need to cover a 6"x4", 8"x4", & 10"x4" fondant covered with gold. One color plain and simple. But I also need to know should I do gold and then a gold sparkle? Thank you! ( BTW 1st time poster long time reader so hopefully I did this right)

1 reply
didi5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didi5 Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 2

When I bought my airbrush machine it was to cover a pyramid shaped cake in gold.  Boy, do I ever loved it!  I got mine from here http://www.flourconfections.com/iwata-airbrush-premium-kit-p-3068.html I got the complete kit and kaboodle :)  I love the design, it is compact and easy to carry around and does a fantastic job.  You can purchase airbrush colour in gold.  You can also use gold dust powder mixed in with some vodka or other clear alcohol and use that with the airbrush.  To add the gold sparkles you can take a brush and flick it with your finger to the cake.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%