Jewel Border Mold

Decorating By audhobbs Updated 27 Feb 2014 , 6:10pm by Cakepro

audhobbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audhobbs Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know where I can find the mold that was used on this cake? Looks like beads/jewels? Or how to recreate it? Several searches on google came up empty handed.  Have a bride who wants me to recreate this cake.  Help!?!  I believe the original is by Luisa Galuppo out of Montreal, Canada.  Thanks

6 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 7

ALooks like she just pieced together a border with idividual jewels and maybe royal icing dots between them. Just look at the jewel molds on any supply site, and I think you'll find what you need.

devils86angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devils86angel Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 8:53am
post #3 of 7

Hi guys, I too have had a wedding cake order to make this cake. I contacted Luisa and asked her what she used. She said she used a bead mould but got it a while ago so she can't remember where she got it from. I've been desperately searching for the mould. Still no luck :( oh well guess ill have to make it by hand lol

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 6:33am
post #4 of 7

Im looking too!!! Any recent finds?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinchofsweetener Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinchofsweetener Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Looks like she just pieced together a border with idividual jewels and maybe royal icing dots between them. Just look at the jewel molds on any supply site, and I think you'll find what you need.

I agree. Probably just simple jewels from a mold and pieced together in her own formation http://www.globalsugarart.com/large-half-pearls-mold-by-first-impressions-p-25290.html

http://www.globalsugarart.com/small-half-pearls-mold-by-first-impressions-p-25291.html?gclid=CLjH9ezw7LwCFc5efgodx40AZg&gdftrk=gdfV25706_a_7c2149_a_7c8856_a_7c25291

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 7

I posted this identical cake and request for the border mold half a year ago!

There is not a single mold (too bad) but the original artist used jewels from First Impressions Molds' jewel mold mats and created her own border on this gorgeous cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%