Does It Annoy You When Customers Want To Carry Out An Email Cake Order On Their Iphone?

Business By howsweet Updated 16 Jul 2013 , 2:30pm by jason_kraft

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 6:10am
post #31 of 33

AI don't even have a phone number listed (which my business manager hates) but I just can't do it! I hate hate hate talking on the phone, but I have a blackberry for work related things that I can reply to emails super fast so I'm always reachable. I just don't like talking on the phone lol.

tracyaem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracyaem Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 12:42pm
post #32 of 33

Ugh, hate the cold calls! And they always seem to come when I'm in the car with both kids screaming. I've started just letting all unrecognizable calls go to voice mail. That way I can compose myself before returning the call. And in some cases, people just fill out the website form instead which is fantastic!

And I am also guilty of phone-undercharging. Or agreeing to ridiculous demands ("1 dozen cupcakes in 6 different flavors with free delivery an hour away? Sure!") Something about the people pleaser in me... In email I have no problems being firm, but live conversations just kill me.

Not to threadjack - but how many use their personal phone for their business as well? I would love to put up a voicemail message directing people to the website, but since it's my personal cell phone too I feel odd doing that since people who don't know about the business (hairdresser, landscaper, etc.) would be like "WTF?". I've debated getting a separate line, but I have a (very) small home business and don't know that I could justify the expense of another line. Not to mention the inconvience at this point of either 1) switching my personal number of 10+ years or 2) updating all of my business info, reprinting cards, labels, etc.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 2:30pm
post #33 of 33

A

Original message sent by tracyaem

Not to threadjack - but how many use their personal phone for their business as well? I would love to put up a voicemail message directing people to the website, but since it's my personal cell phone too I feel odd doing that since people who don't know about the business (hairdresser, landscaper, etc.) would be like "WTF?". I've debated getting a separate line, but I have a (very) small home business and don't know that I could justify the expense of another line. Not to mention the inconvience at this point of either 1) switching my personal number of 10+ years or 2) updating all of my business info, reprinting cards, labels, etc.

You can get a free phone number through Google Voice, you can set it up so calls made to that number are automatically sent to voice mail at certain times of day (or all the time if you prefer), at other times the calls are forwarded to another number of your choice.

It is worth updating your business info and reprinting your cards and labels.

https://www.google.com/voice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%