Omg, I Need To Be A Little Engrossed In Cc....

Lounge By Annabakescakes Updated 24 Jul 2013 , 7:22pm by Annabakescakes

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 10:20pm
post #61 of 84

A

Original message sent by as you wish

Anna, I was really sick a couple of years ago. I was overweight (for me) and too tired to excercise, my hair was thin, my mood was terrible, arthritis was bad, skin was a mess, and on and on. It was one of those that progressed over time so I didn't realize how bad it was until it became unbearable. I would find any excuse to be alone and just cry my eyes out. I know what was wrong now; my vitamin B12 was really low, as was iron, vitamin D and some other stuff. Basically I was malnourished (and overweight at the same time!) because of undiagnosed celiac disease. I am now two years gluten-free, I self-inject vitamin B12 regularly and take oral supplements of some other vitamins and minerals and I feel so good. Really, really good. All this is just to say, hang in there! It can look really dark when you are deep in health problems, but once you figure out the problem you will get to be yourself again!

There are a lot of similarities here.... My skin is a mess too, but washing with expensive soaps and using expensive lotions, and I am buying expensive everything, actually! I went back to $23 a bottle shampoo, since it is way more convenient than natural stuff. I just can't use the cheap stuff anymore, it either tears me up, doesn't do anything to keep my various "conditions" in check.

Do you bake all gluten free? Or can you bake with gluten still?

Annabakescakes Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 10:39pm
post #62 of 84

A

Original message sent by Norasmom

Anna, have you been checked for sleep apnea?  It's a good idea to do a sleep study, it REALLY helped my dad (that and a gf diet).  He is a new man, he had no idea he had sleep apnea and he's a braniac MD.  

I don't think it is that, I sleep well, once I fall asleep, I just need lots of it!

Original message sent by smittyditty

Anna I think you are still over board on the weight thing. Remember the magazines are not what we are suppose to look like. With your health that is awful. My best friend had horrible migraines and the same twice monthly. She found she needed to eat more often and she needed more iron. You could try a supplement..you probably need it anyhow with all the aunt flow stuff anyhow.

I think this is so funny that we all have health issues..as I'm having and EEG done on Thursday-Saturday. Been trying to figure out issues for a year now that have been going on for 4. Isn't it amazing how you know something is wrong and they do but they can't figure it out. Drives me batty and I'm like you Anna I'm not a pill taker either. My second was a c-section and that can cause all kinds of problems I wasn't aware of. I would go see an endocrinologist if I was you. I hope you feel better.

believe me, I like curves, I think I look best as an 8 or 10, and I am a 14/16. I would die if my husband saw this, but I am 5'6" and weigh 180-185. I have been low on iron many times in my life, but last time they checked, it was okay. Not that I have much faith in what the family dr says, these days. I am certain they will look at it in my full work up.

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 11:12pm
post #63 of 84

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

There are a lot of similarities here.... My skin is a mess too, but washing with expensive soaps and using expensive lotions, and I am buying expensive everything, actually! I went back to $23 a bottle shampoo, since it is way more convenient than natural stuff. I just can't use the cheap stuff anymore, it either tears me up, doesn't do anything to keep my various "conditions" in check.

Do you bake all gluten free? Or can you bake with gluten still?

I do still bake regular gluten cakes as well as offering gluten free. When I bake with regular flour though I wear a mask so I don't inhale the flour dust. I thought it was ridiculous at first, but it makes a difference. I feel for you with all the expensive products! I went through a lot of them too. They did nothing for me either! I really hope you can get the the root of your health problems. I know it is so hard trying to be everything you want to be for your family when you can barely muster the strength to crawl out of bed.

Annabakescakes Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 11:51pm
post #64 of 84

A

Original message sent by as you wish

I do still bake regular gluten cakes as well as offering gluten free. When I bake with regular flour though I wear a mask so I don't inhale the flour dust. I thought it was ridiculous at first, but it makes a difference. I feel for you with all the expensive products! I went through a lot of them too. They did nothing for me either! I really hope you can get the the root of your health problems. [B]I know it is so hard trying to be everything you want to be for your family when you can barely muster the strength to crawl out of bed.[/B]

Omg! It's like you know me! Lol that is exactly how I feel. I actually took a 3 hour nap today. I had been waiting on my husband, hand a foot, after a little operation... And I really wanted to and enjoyed it, but it wore my @$$ out!

I was told about 8 years ago to stop eating wheat, dairy and sugar, but cakes are my life, so I was like, "ain't nobody got time fo' dat!" Plus, it just seemed stupid the way the "dr." Did the testing. Had me put my had on one scale while she piled pills on another one o.O da hell? How is that a test? I just figured she told that to everyone. She was also an obgyn in my dr.'s group, and HURT ME BAD, when I went to the hospital with preterm labor, so I wasn't hearing her.

Annabakescakes Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 6:02am
post #65 of 84

AAnother funny thing my daughter said...

My sil watched the kids last weekend and after she left, my daughter asked if I noticed she has a moist ache. "But not a really hairy or bushy one, um, its hard to describe." I said that I did notice, and that she must be embarrassing. So today I was about to get into the pool and realized I need to shave my underarm so my daughter comes into the bathroom and when I raised my arm at the sink, she exclaims,"that's it! That's what aunt Roxy's mustache looks like!" I was dying laughing.

smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 5:28pm
post #66 of 84

Ha ha. that is funny.

Kids say really funny stuff.

Like my 3year old boy who said "I'm the daddy." My husband is seated in the front seat. So we ask who is that he says "that's daddy, but I the little daddy."

We say "Oh do you have a wife and kids?" "He says yes, but she is at home."

So we ask "How many kids do you have?"

He says "Well I have 10...18 kids."

we say Oooh

He says "Ya its one too many kids"

He only has a sister and if he thinks he is getting more siblings he will be disappointed. lol

as you wish Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 8:32pm
post #67 of 84

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

Omg! It's like you know me! Lol that is exactly how I feel. I actually took a 3 hour nap today. I had been waiting on my husband, hand a foot, after a little operation... And I really wanted to and enjoyed it, but it wore my @$$ out!

I was told about 8 years ago to stop eating wheat, dairy and sugar, but cakes are my life, so I was like, "ain't nobody got time fo' dat!" Plus, it just seemed stupid the way the "dr." Did the testing. Had me put my had on one scale while she piled pills on another one o.O da hell? How is that a test? I just figured she told that to everyone. She was also an obgyn in my dr.'s group, and HURT ME BAD, when I went to the hospital with preterm labor, so I wasn't hearing her.

That is some strange method of diagnosis alright! I have a love/hate thing for my doctor. I love that he was at my side in a matter of minutes to save my life when I hemorrhaged after my first son was born; love that he did the testing I needed to get well; hate that he is a little prescription happy; hate that it takes me forever to get an appointment; HATE that the doctor who is replacing him when he retires thinks that my illness is all in my head and says my B12 injections are "bad medicine" and want to put me on antidepressants instead... Sorry, little bit of a rant there! Um, what was I saying? Oh yeah, doctors. I really hope you find a doc that will listen to you and work with you. Of course, you might have to do the tough job of listening to them a bit too. ;)

Annabakescakes Posted 22 Jul 2013 , 11:21pm
post #68 of 84

AI don't mind listening, but I hate prescriptions and I need them to listen first! Lol

I know being tired is a symptom of depression, but it doesn't mean you're depressed because you're tired. That is infuriating! I have had depression, and this isn't it.

Are you injections very expensive? I saw someone local to me does them, but it is out of this world high! I have taken sublingual b-12 and had it help a little, but the shots fascinate me... I am sitting here on the couch, yawning barely able to keep my eyes open, and got up at 12:00 and still haven't fed my family. It is 7:21, and I don't even know what we are having.

as you wish Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 12:05am
post #69 of 84

ABecause I am in Ontario I would not have had to pay for the shots if I had continued to get them through my GP, but it was getting way too hard to see him (he is semi-retired) so I am getting them through a naturopath instead. They cost $10/shot and I inject every other week. I don't really want to do the annual math on that! Actually, that is why I learned to self-inject; if I kept going and having the naturopath do it, it was $30 each time. It has been worth it for me, though. From the very first shot I got I was amazed. I went home feeling the same as always, but several hours later I had this awesome sensation, like a fog being lifted off of my head. The next day I was able to take my son skiing, which doesn't sound like much to most people but I bet you will get how amazing that would be. It has been up and down getting the frequency right and dealing with the other vitamins/minerals and the gluten stuff, but I seem to have it sorted out well now. My doctor suggested I try the sublingual vitamin B12, too. It didn't do it for me though, I don't know why. He did say that vitamin B12 is a very large molecule (as molecules go) so it makes sense that if there is any problem with the digestive system (and you really don't want me to get into how nasty that was!) it would be difficult for the body to absorb it.

Annabakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2013 , 12:56am
post #70 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by as you wish 

Because I am in Ontario I would not have had to pay for the shots if I had continued to get them through my GP, but it was getting way too hard to see him (he is semi-retired) so I am getting them through a naturopath instead. They cost $10/shot and I inject every other week. I don't really want to do the annual math on that! Actually, that is why I learned to self-inject; if I kept going and having the naturopath do it, it was $30 each time. It has been worth it for me, though. From the very first shot I got I was amazed. I went home feeling the same as always, but several hours later I had this awesome sensation, like a fog being lifted off of my head. The next day I was able to take my son skiing, which doesn't sound like much to most people but I bet you will get how amazing that would be. It has been up and down getting the frequency right and dealing with the other vitamins/minerals and the gluten stuff, but I seem to have it sorted out well now. My doctor suggested I try the sublingual vitamin B12, too. It didn't do it for me though, I don't know why. He did say that vitamin B12 is a very large molecule (as molecules go) so it makes sense that if there is any problem with the digestive system (and you really don't want me to get into how nasty that was!) it would be difficult for the body to absorb it.

The sublingual really just made my face feel like it was rushing blood through it. Kinda prickly and warm. I think I loaded the dishwasher. and took a nap, lol

Going skiing would be HUGE! I mostly don't get dressed until 2 or 3. It was 3 today. 

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 4:16am
post #71 of 84

AI feel like that when I don't take my iron.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 4:57am
post #72 of 84

I use to inject twice a week with B12, but moved to the states and the price difference was unreal! I get drops that you put under your tongue now, they aren't quite as strong, but you do it everyday and they seem to be doing just as good of a job.

I had an old quack of a dr call them 'bad medicine' once, that was the last time I saw him. There was a night and day difference in my energy after I started taking those and vitamin D.

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 4:59am
post #73 of 84

I will have to find my drops, and put them front and center, so I don't have to remember. 

Does anyone stay up late, just because they are too tired to go to bed? 

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 5:36am
post #74 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I will have to find my drops, and put them front and center, so I don't have to remember. 

Does anyone stay up late, just because they are too tired to go to bed? 

I'm always up late.  2-3 am is my usual bedtime.  I get about  4-5 hours a night. Not sure if it's because I'm too tired or what.

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 5:41am
post #75 of 84

A

Original message sent by JWinslow

[QUOTE name="Annabakescakes" url="/t/761001/omg-i-need-to-be-a-little-engrossed-in-cc/60#post_7420549"] I will have to find my drops, and put them front and center, so I don't have to remember. 

Does anyone stay up late, just because they are too tired to go to bed?  [/QUOTE]

I'm always up late.  2-3 am is my usual bedtime.  I get about  4-5 hours a night. Not sure if it's because I'm too tired or what.

it is mine, too. I used to get about 6 hours a night, but have gotten to the point that I won't wake until 10, and won't get up until 12. Even when I get to bed earlier, when my husband goes to bed, at 10 or 11, I still need to sleep until 10 or 11. And if I have to get up earlier for some reason, I still can't sleep until 2 or 3, unless I take a few melatonin.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 5:56am
post #76 of 84

I get very little sleep nightly, like 2-3 hours, then binge sleep to catch up.

Like today, I was in bed until 4 pm! I hate it, but can't seem to do anything about it without taking sleeping pills, and I hate those more.

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 6:28am
post #77 of 84

AThat doesn't feel good! I sometimes go with little to no sleep when I am caking. I am so damn tired I don't start until the panic seizes me, and by then, there is no time to sleep and get everything done. When I did my last bridal show and had 3 cakes, I didn't sleep for 3 nights, then slept 14 hours straight.

JWinslow Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 6:31am
post #78 of 84

I have a lot of trouble actually falling asleep.  I have taken 1 Tylenol PM on those nights I just toss & turn. I've always been a night owl but the not falling asleep when I want is getting ridiculous.

as you wish Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 12:37pm
post #79 of 84

AFalling asleep, no problem for me! Staying asleep? Whole other thing! I seem to wake up in the middle of the night with my brain full of busy thoughts and way too hot to sleep anymore.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 3:12pm
post #80 of 84

I'm not really into supplements, but don't completely rule out sleep apnea. I, too, thought I was getting a sound night's sleep, but would fall asleep as soon as I sat down, where ever I was. This was quite embarrassing when sitting in a waiting room or at church because I snored. I had a sleep study and found that my so called sound sleep was interrupted hundreds of times during the night. Never getting the opportunity for restorative REM sleep left me totally wasted the next day. I sleep with a C-Pap machine now and am truly refreshed. (Also, sleep apnea has the potential for serious health issues.)

Just tossing this back into the mix for whatever it's worth. At any rate, regardless of the cause, chronic fatigue surely lessens the quality of your life. I hope you find your solution.

Jan

JWinslow Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 3:30pm
post #81 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42 

I'm not really into supplements, but don't completely rule out sleep apnea. I, too, thought I was getting a sound night's sleep, but would fall asleep as soon as I sat down, where ever I was. This was quite embarrassing when sitting in a waiting room or at church because I snored. I had a sleep study and found that my so called sound sleep was interrupted hundreds of times during the night. Never getting the opportunity for restorative REM sleep left me totally wasted the next day. I sleep with a C-Pap machine now and am truly refreshed. (Also, sleep apnea has the potential for serious health issues.)

Just tossing this back into the mix for whatever it's worth. At any rate, regardless of the cause, chronic fatigue surely lessens the quality of your life. I hope you find your solution.

Jan

It turns out I don't have sleep apnea but my DH does although he sent the C-Pap back after 6 mos.  I have trouble shutting my thoughts down so I can fall asleep.  Just have to learn to let things go...

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 4:09pm
post #82 of 84

AMelatonin helps me fall asleep at night, I always have trouble. I especially have trouble falling asleep after I haven't gotten enough sleep. It is like my body forgets how. This has been lifelong and my daughter has it too, whatever it is. She takes a single melatonin and falls asleep within half an hour. Previously, she could still be awake when my husband gets up for work...that's 5 am! Funny how people warn about pills but this is in the supplement aisle, not behind glass, and she was only getting 2-4 hours of sleep before school before when started, but people still need to meddle...and is dr. approved. Though they didn't think of it. They wanted me to just let her lay there and suffer, and try to get more exercise to wear her out, but she is thin as a rail, and super active.

JWinslow Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 4:39pm
post #83 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Melatonin helps me fall asleep at night, I always have trouble. I especially have trouble falling asleep after I haven't gotten enough sleep. It is like my body forgets how. This has been lifelong and my daughter has it too, whatever it is. She takes a single melatonin and falls asleep within half an hour. Previously, she could still be awake when my husband gets up for work...that's 5 am! Funny how people warn about pills but this is in the supplement aisle, not behind glass, and she was only getting 2-4 hours of sleep before school before when started, but people still need to meddle...and is dr. approved. Though they didn't think of it. They wanted me to just let her lay there and suffer, and try to get more exercise to wear her out, but she is thin as a rail, and super active.

Melatonin - .  I know it's a hormone that can reset sleep patterns and is not considered a drug.  I will look into it, thanks

Annabakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 7:22pm
post #84 of 84

AI think I am trying to give you q run for your money! It is 3:20, and I am only just now considering getting out of bed! I actually got to bed fairly early, around 2, but everytime I woke up today, it felt like I had about an hour of sleep.

Original message sent by scrumdiddlycakes

I get very little sleep nightly, like 2-3 hours, then binge sleep to catch up. Like today, I was in bed until 4 pm! I hate it, but can't seem to do anything about it without taking sleeping pills, and I hate those more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%