Help With Cake Fillings! Please Let Me Know What You Guys Think. Thanks!

Decorating By glittersdoll Updated 1 Aug 2013 , 10:36pm by glittersdoll

glittersdoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glittersdoll Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a two tier cake. The first tier is a bit bigger than the second tier. This is what i though I would do regards with the fillings

first tier :

marble cake

white chocolate filling

marble cake

raspberry preserves filling

marble cake

white chocolate filling

marble cake

what do you guys think of this? Also, should i put white chocolate filling in the middle with the raspberry preserves as well? Also, 4 layers of marble cake sounds fine or should put 2 diff layers of each cake flavor

second tier:

chocolate cake

chocolate ganache filling with strawberry preserves

chocolate cake

chocolate ganache filling with strawberry preserves

chocolate cake

what do you guys think of this as well? do you think it will overpower with the strawberries? Should i just put strawberries in one layer of the cake or leave it to both?

Thank you for ur help!

4 replies
rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 5

I think it sounds delicious. I've done a couple of cakes with white chocolate and raspberry or strawberry and milk chocolate with strawberry or raspberry and they taste fine. The only thing is - watch out for the preserves or fruit fillings as they can make your cake slide. And as you have numerous layers, this could be an issue. Make a stiff buttercream dam on those layers and also you can dowel so the layers won't slide. I usually do even on a one tier cake when I use fruit fillings...

Hope this helps!

RJ

glittersdoll Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the reply!

I'm still thinking if i should just put one layer of strawberries in ganache instead two. I don't want to overpower it with a lot of strawberry flavor since I want more of a chocolate flavor

mrsgreshcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsgreshcakes Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 5

ABetter yet, use ganache for the dam and crumb coat of you can. Much more stable than BC.

glittersdoll Posted 1 Aug 2013 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 5

I will be using buttercream to coat the cake. I am just confused if i should do raspberry in all layers with the white chocolate or just in the middle ( onelayer only with white chocolate- middle layer)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%