Saturday Night Fun...woohoo

Decorating By BatterUpCake Updated 14 Jul 2013 , 1:24pm by BatterUpCake

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 12:39am
post #1 of 4

So, I am procrastinating on my final step of my cake....So here are some questions I am thinking about:

~Besides you KA mixer what is your favorite tool. -Right now mine is a stupid wood grain impression mat. LOL...been having fun with it the last 2 weeks.

~What has been the most useful tip you learned from CC?-Whew...that's a tough one. Mine is the WASC cake recipe but there are tons!

~What tool has been the biggest disappointment?-Mine has to be all these stupid cake levelers I have thrown money away on. Wish I knew about the Agbay before I wasted money. Shame on your all for not reading my mind and telling me! lol

~If money were not an issue what cake item would you buy?- I would get the Agbay. Oh and a Lexus SUV as a delivery vehicle. lol

Off to shred white chocolate now...ugggghhhh

3 replies
yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 2:16am
post #2 of 4

Favorite tool - that's easy, Agbay!  (you said besides your KA, but I do love my cherry red 7 qt)

Favorite recipe - 1) a Better white cake by fromScratch SF

2) SMBC, (a hybrid recipe)  I was inspired to switch from IMBC.  Easier and so much better

3) fluffy American buttercream

Best tip -1) OK to freeze cake.  now I can bake ahead and I freeze just about everything!

2) Ganache under fondant

3) heat core nails

4) All the flavor and design ideas that are too numerous to count

What would I buy? (As a hobby baker I have to try to keep my obsession under control- it is taking over the house), but a new kitchen with a huge refrigerator and freezer, and a 36" wide double oven would be very nice.  But then I do like to be able to say "sorry, my kitchen won't accomodate that size cake"!  Oh, and a Lexus SUV would be nice too....

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 4:20am
post #3 of 4

AI don't really get the agbay. Don't see the need. My favorite tool is my offset spatula. I love it, it was given to my by one of my chef instructors. Its nam e is Angie.

The best tip I learned from here is d ont be the cheap cake lady.

Most disappointing tool, cup cakr corer. An apple core is all youi need.

If I had endless money I would buy a store front.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yortma 

2) SMBC, (a hybrid recipe)  I was inspired to switch from IMBC.  Easier and so much better

Recipe please. Been wanting to try SMBC.

2) Ganache under fondant

What is that secret?             

What would I buy? (As a hobby baker I have to try to keep my obsession under control- it is taking over the house), but a new kitchen with a huge refrigerator and freezer, and a 36" wide double oven would be very nice.  But then I do like to be able to say "sorry, my kitchen won't accomodate that size cake"!  Oh, and a Lexus SUV would be nice too....

Good to see you are keeping it under control!lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%