Key Lime Help??

Baking By queenbee231 Updated 14 Jul 2013 , 7:55pm by FACSlady

queenbee231 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenbee231 Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 8

I made two different key lime recipes, one is really moist and tart, the other not so much but I don't want to waste the second set of cupcakes. Is there anything I can do to make them more "tart lime" tasting before I ice them? 

7 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 8

AMake a simple syrup of lime juice and sugar and water, and brush the tops. Or just use lime juice brushed on, but I would refrigerate afterward.

mermaidcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mermaidcakery Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 8

AMaybe you could look up a key lime cake recipe that uses a simple syrup and brush it on, or fill them with lime curd. I think there is a paula deen recipe on food networks website where she does this. This happened to me a few months back. When I iced them, I made the buttercream with mostly lime juice as the liquid and added a little cream and zest. Then I filled them with lime curd mixed with sweet cream( cream cheese, whipped cream and sugar).

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 5:00am
post #4 of 8

AMake sure you're using actual Key lime and not "regular" lime.

Make a syrup with Key lime juice and sugar and brush it on the layers/cupcakes.

queenbee231 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenbee231 Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 8

AOk great. Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll try both (curd and simple syrup) and see which I like better. Thanks!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 6:53pm
post #6 of 8

The curd sounds great!!!

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 7:04pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee231 

I made two different key lime recipes, one is really moist and tart, the other not so much but I don't want to waste the second set of cupcakes. Is there anything I can do to make them more "tart lime" tasting before I ice them? 

I absolutely LOVE key lime desserts! Would you be willing to share the recipe that was tart?

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 7:55pm
post #8 of 8

AI'd love a good key lime cupcake recipe, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%