Name For My Business

Business By pamiez Updated 14 Jul 2013 , 11:54pm by pamiez

pamiez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamiez Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 10

Hopefully soon to start my "out of my home" cake/sweets business. I like the following names. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1. Just the Cake

2. Cake Snob (all my friends call me this & tell me this is what I turn them into) icon_biggrin.gif

3. Sweet Decadence (know this is kinda morbid considering decadence is "decay", but sounds cool)

4. Country Cakes, Sweets & Treats (I live out in the country on 28 acres)

5. Frosted

6. Pamcakes (my twins used to call my pancakes this when they were little, kinda cute)

7. From Scratch

8. It's Your Cake (I've said this so many times, I lost count. As I'm sure have all of you)

Thanks again, I look forward to your responses.

9 replies
mermaidcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mermaidcakery Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 10

AI like 3, 4, and 7 the best. The others are very cake centered, it sounds like you will offer a bit more. I definitely don't think decay when I hear the word decadence.

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 10

ASame as above. If you google PamCakes, there will be 1,000s up, all around the globe. That's why I went in a different direction with my business name. Even though it was available in my county, I didn't want to get lost in the list. I like Sweet Decadence. Simple, and not tied to just cakes.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 10

ADid you check if there are existing businesses with those names because most of them are probably already taken!

pamiez Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 9:14pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, From Scratch is listed but with other names attached. So might get lost in the shuffle, so probably best to nix that one.

Thanks for the advice. I love this site!!!

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 10

I like frosted

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 11:00pm
post #7 of 10

AI just happened to catch a snippet of a Cupcake Wars, and one of the business' names was Frosted. Don't know where they're located, or anything. Just an observation. :-) I do like the name anyway.

justdesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdesserts Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 11:08pm
post #8 of 10

I like Sweet Decadence. :) #4 is a little bit too long, IMO.

So many names have already been thought of and taken....I had a hard time when I was coming up with a name.

klan30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klan30 Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 6:21am
post #9 of 10

I like frosted, and sweet Decadence

pamiez Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 11:54pm
post #10 of 10

One would not think coming up with a "catchy" (key work) name for your business would be such a daunting task, but alas, it is. Thanks for all the input...your comments really help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%