Angel Food Cake Advice

Decorating By gayle p Updated 13 Jul 2013 , 3:00pm by Baking Sis

gayle p Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 6:08am
post #1 of 2

I am making an angel food cake for my nieces wedding. It is for on top of a cupcake tower I made, so it is not tiered. the bride n groom don't care for regular cake but they like angel food. I want to drizzle glaze or a frosting over it and  put flowers in the center and small fondant flowers randomly in the frosting with a ribbon around the bottom. I would like to know if I can make the cake in a bundt pan to give it some form but don't know if I will be possible to remove it without wrecking it. also it wouldn't be possible then to turn it upside down to cool. Any suggestions would be a big help.

1 reply
Baking Sis Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 2

As long as your pan is free from any grease/oil, it should work.  

A few years ago, I called the Betty Crocker Cake Headquarters (phone # on box) because my mom wanted me to make an angel food cake for my dad (diabetic).  She brought me the mix and a regular 9x13 cake pan.  I spoke with someone at BC and they said to go ahead, just turn the pan upside down over a cake board to cool, or in the case of a loaf pan, put the pan on its side. 

Since then, I have made angel food cake in loaf pans and also half sheet pans.  The half sheet angel foods were from scratch, but it all worked the same.  HTH...Good luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%