DebJ812 Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 6:14pm
post #1 of

AThinking of making cake pops again. I've used melts in the past to coat.

Anyone have a good lime coating and/or way to flavor melts?

Thanks!

12 replies
640Cake Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 6:45pm
post #2 of

If you use Wilton's melts, they have a key lime flavor out right now.  They have a few flavored melts out like tangerine, and raspberry sorbet.  I just used the key lime melts to make modeling chocolate for a key lime cake.

DebJ812 Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 10:24pm
post #3 of

AOoooh! Good to know! Thanks!

sewsugarqueen Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 3:23pm
post #4 of

buy oil/candy based lime flavouring and add a few drops to melted chocolate....be sure not water base or will seize.  Amoretti makes a key lime I love to useicon_biggrin.gif  check on web how to order.These are top of the line flavours.

kaylawaylalayla Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 11:04pm
post #5 of

ALook up clasen usa. They have the best flavored candy wafers

DebJ812 Posted 17 Jul 2013 , 3:21am
post #6 of

ANo luck on any of it. I live in a small-ish town in Missouri right now. Maybe if I can get up to St. Louis sometime soon. My Hobby Lobby (only place in town that has those items) had no lime candy melts, no lime flavor and when I looked up Clasen USA, they had no like wafers either. :/

tomsanncakes Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 4:19am
post #7 of

There is a Key Lime LorAnn oil you could use.  We sell that on ebay..

kaylawaylalayla Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 5:37am
post #8 of

AIf you didn't find any then you must not have looked in the right place. Hold on.

kaylawaylalayla Posted 21 Jul 2013 , 5:39am
post #9 of

Ahttp://www.clasen.us/our-products/flavorburst-coatings.html

smittyditty Posted 24 Jul 2013 , 2:57am

I read one poster once saying something about adding jello to the modeling chocolate recipe?

DebJ812 Posted 25 Jul 2013 , 11:05pm

AI've used jello in frosting, but think that it might impede the candy coating in solidifying.

I found some concentrated flavored oil but have never used it before. Suggestions? Can it also be used in baked goods or frosting?

kaylawaylalayla Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 3:10pm

AStart out small. These are very powerful. At work we used just 60ml to flavor 30#

smittyditty Posted 26 Jul 2013 , 6:00pm

hmmm I'm not sure I tried to find a recipe but couldn't I swear that is what I read and it was

for the exact same flavor or pistachio can't remember. It was a last minute thing where they either were out or couldn't find it. Maybe I'm losing it though...lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%