How Much To Charge For This Cake?

Decorating By Cakestable Updated 12 Jul 2013 , 8:06pm by Sassyzan

Cakestable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakestable Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 8

This is my first attempt to bank a wedding cake order and I am so excited however not sure how much to quote for.

client wants 10in, 8in and 6 inch buttercream cake and she will provide the real sunflower..

Please help me to figure our the price...!!!  Thanks

7 replies
Bettyboo64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyboo64 Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 8

Hi Cakestable,

There is no way for anyone to "price" your cake for you, as you are the one that knows how much it cost in ingredients, time, overhead, delivery fee.. etc.  

Good luck with your cake.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 8

A$3.25 a serving and I'd never put burlap on buttercream. Fuzzy linty gross! I'm sure there is a way to do it without everyone ending up with burlap in their teeth, but every time I see it, I cringe.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 8

Sugarveil has a mat out that you can make edible burlap with. That's probably what I would do. Why on earth do people want to burlap on a cake???? It's pretty, and I don't mean to dog on your excitement, but that's just not a sanitary thing to do.

Cakestable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakestable Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 8

Just to clarify I am not putting the burlap on the cake and I even told the client to go with gumpaste flower!!!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakestable 

Just to clarify I am not putting the burlap on the cake and I even told the client to go with gumpaste flower!!!

icon_biggrin.gif Good! 

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 8

ACheck out the Pricing Formula link in my signature below.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 8:06pm
post #8 of 8

A

Original message sent by Cakestable

That's good! Another thread popped up recently about burlap right before I saw this thread and I just couldn't not comment because it was on my mind! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%