Competitions????

Lounge By HeatherH Updated 10 Jul 2013 , 10:57pm by Elcee

HeatherH Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone had the experience of entering a competition and find out that your cake has been damaged by the running the contest??? I dropped my cake off and thought that where they told me to set it up was the place it was going to be...then when I went to see my result the next day I find my flower and leaves broken and pushed up against the cake! Not sure if I should say something or not...any suggestions???????

2 replies
paperlace1 Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 3

i have entered competitions but never experienced this. I would say something if your cake has been damaged by another contestant or moved without your knowledge. 

i always check when i register on arrival if the cake will be moved or touched by the judges.

Elcee Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 3

Definitely ask the show organizers about it. There are so many ways it could have been damaged. Unfortunately, as much as it sucks, and as careful as everyone is, sometimes it happens. I know at our show, no matter how hard we try not to, we end up having to move a few cakes. I only know of once where there was any damage done in the process. If it did get damaged by the organizers, someone should have called you. Hopefully it happened AFTER the judging.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%