Mixing 2 Different Buttercream?

Baking By ssmore Updated 11 Jul 2013 , 1:21am by yortma

ssmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssmore Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 6

I usually use American buttercream made with pure butter (no Crisco at all). All my clients like the taste of it. But its little sweeter than Italian buttercream. I tried to use only Italian, but the flavor is totally different, although I like the texture very much. So the question is for all cake experts, can I mix these two buttercream together to get the flavor as well as the texture and it will be little less sweet than the American buttercream. What will be the best ratio for mixing? Please help, I have 2 large cakes to feed 200 people each. and wanted to try this recipe. Thanks in advance.

5 replies
ssmore Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 6

please anyone out there to help me please!

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 6

AThere's a recipe on this website called "Fluffy American buttercream" it's like a happy medium ppl say. I haven't tried it . I got this tip from another lady on here named Liz. For Italian meringue recipes it's usually 1 1/4 cups of sugar for 5 egg whites. Take it up to 1 3/4 cups. I much prefer this taste of Italian meringue!

ssmore Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 6

thank you morganchampagne,

I will definitely try that recipe

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 6

no problem! hope it helps

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 11 Jul 2013 , 1:21am
post #6 of 6

I used to mix ABC and SMBC (virtually the same as IMBC) all the time because it seemed to be the best of both worlds with no problems.  Then I discovered The Fluffy American Buttercream mentioned above.  I really like it.  SMBC is still my favorite go to buttercream, but if I want something a little sweeter then i make the FAB.  HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%