Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

Baking By kaypettit Updated 9 Jul 2013 , 4:33pm by LizzieAylett

kaypettit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaypettit Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 2

So, I have a bride who wants 150 pink lemonade cupcakes, and we found a super cute picture

Awwee, cute cupcakes, right? Ummm no!  I've been experimenting, and can't figure out the lemons!  They start to get all juicy and drip everywhere, so that the cupcakes are sitting in a puddle of lemon juice, and then they fall over because they've melted the frosting with all of their juiciness!  Anyone have any advice?  I saw somewhere where they had dipped the lemons in sugar, and I tried that because I thought it would look cute.  Could that have been the problem?  I also can't find a good stiff frosting that tastes good.  I don't want the nasty crisco butter cream, and I am afraid that the SMBC isn't stiff enough to hold the lemons. Not to mention that the wedding is going to be during the heat of the summer, so SMBC would probably just melt.  Any advice there?  Something not too sweet?

1 reply
LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 2

Try googling crystallised lemons or candied lemons - it doesn't look exactly the same, but would be a good way of preventing any moisture escaping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%