How Many Cookies Together?

Baking By TheItalianBaker Updated 15 Jul 2013 , 3:44am by bct806

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 4:20am
post #1 of 6

hi! 

Im going to make some cookies for the farmers market. I've never been there, but the baker I work with has her own spot and she wants to try new things. We cant bring unpacked items, so what do u think is better? packing each cookie or 2 together, or more?

I will do very easy design to start, baseball balls for boys and crown for girls!

thank you

5 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 6

I would say package them individually if they are 4" or larger. Smaller, put 2 in each bag.

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 6

thank you! 

I was also thinking about small bags of mini cookies, like 10 mini cookies = $12

Do u think people would spend $12 for a bag of cookies?

SweetAnnalines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetAnnalines Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 6

ANo. I have been doing a market for the past 2 mos and I bring individual cookies that are really pretty simple for me. I charge $2 each or 3 for $5. People always buy 3. They come to the market expecting sone kind of deal or discount. I've also done well with easy, reasonably priced gift trays or bags at holidays...Mem Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc.

Good luck!

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 3:15am
post #5 of 6

A few people might spend $12, but I would go with smaller and less.  Maybe you can make a package or two of the $12 bags and see how it goes.

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 3:44am
post #6 of 6

AI completely agree. While $12 for a bag of mini cookies isn't really a lot, I don't think it will work as well at a farmer's market. You go there looking for fresh goods and a deal. At least that is how it is where I'm from. I would do individual cookies or packages of two at the most.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%