First Time Doin A Cake..help!!!

Decorating By flowerpoo Updated 9 Jul 2013 , 10:57pm by Rosie93095

flowerpoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowerpoo Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 5:24pm
post #31 of 63

A

Original message sent by shake n cake

I just find it very perplexing that this is your first tiered cake and you think you can take this on. This is a cake for very advanced and experienced decorators. What if it doesn't turn out well? The brides day could be ruined. I recommend an easier cake for your first tiered cake. Just my opinion.

Thanx for ur opinion! but as i said earlier none of da tiers are goin to be real cake, da entire structure is going to be made out of styrafoam except for da flowers dat is.. dats da trend over here :-) so it wouldnt be a very difficult one to handle.

MeghanKelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeghanKelly Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 5:32pm
post #32 of 63

So, what you're saying is the entire thing is a dummy cake with gumpaste flowers stuck in it?  If that's the case, why does it matter how big the bottom tiers are?  If it's styrofoam, you don't need any certain number of servings, you can make the tiers as big as you want.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 5:38pm
post #33 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpoo 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shake n cake 

I just find it very perplexing that this is your first tiered cake and you think you can take this on. This is a cake for very advanced and experienced decorators. What if it doesn't turn out well? The brides day could be ruined. I recommend an easier cake for your first tiered cake. Just my opinion.

Thanx for ur opinion! but as i said earlier none of da tiers are goin to be real cake, da entire structure is going to be made out of styrafoam except for da flowers dat is.. dats da trend over here icon_smile.gif so it wouldnt be a very difficult one to handle.

My bad, is this a language barrier? Where is "over here"

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 5:50pm
post #34 of 63

Where is "over here"?

flowerpoo Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 5:53pm
post #35 of 63

A

Original message sent by MeghanKelly

So, what you're saying is the entire thing is a dummy cake with gumpaste flowers stuck in it?  If that's the case, why does it matter how big the bottom tiers are?  If it's styrofoam, you don't need any certain number of servings, you can make the tiers as big as you want.

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 5:54pm
post #36 of 63

???

flowerpoo Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 5:56pm
post #37 of 63

A

Original message sent by Rosie93095

Where is "over here"?

Sorry about dat, what i meant was over here in SriLanka

flowerpoo Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 6:08pm
post #38 of 63

AYes dats exactly how its going to be, and da size of da tiers do matter in dis case, i guessed it would be a 16" dummy but needed a second opinion so i thought i should post my doubt on Cake Central and wow! just see da replies i have got!

Annabakescakes Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 6:23pm
post #39 of 63
Quote:

Yes dats exactly how its going to be, and da size of da tiers do matter in dis case, i guessed it would be a 16" dummy but needed a second opinion so i thought i should post my doubt on Cake Central and wow! just see da replies i have got!

The replies may have been offensive to you, but your manner of typing is VERY hard to read. I understand if someone has a language barrier, but if you know the proper way, you will have a much better time dealing with 99% of the population if you write it properly. Speaking can be interpreted better because we have our expressions, and hands and we can listen more closely, when we hear an accent. When it is written, we are using our own accents to read it with, and it doesn't make sense, unless we read it many times, and most of us won't. If illiteracy is an issue, than learning and acceptance and use of the proper way will move mountains.

flowerpoo Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 6:32pm
post #40 of 63

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

The replies may have been offensive to you, but your manner of typing is VERY hard to read. I understand if someone has a language barrier, but if you know the proper way, you will have a much better time dealing with 99% of the population if you write it properly. Speaking can be interpreted better because we have our expressions, and hands and we can listen more closely, when we hear an accent. When it is written, we are using our own accents to read it with, and it doesn't make sense, unless we read it many times, and most of us won't. If illiteracy is an issue, than learning and acceptance and use of the proper way will move mountains.

Phew! Finally someone understands, thanks a bunch :-)

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 6:35pm
post #41 of 63

'Flowerpoo'  writes like a bad episode of the Sopranos.  Hey...Flowerpoo when it comes to 'dis' cake... Fuhgeddaboudit!

Oh...and if you insist on writing a fake post...at least be consistent in your grammatical errors.  'Phew' you get right but 'this and that' is dis and dat?  come on.

flowerpoo Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 6:36pm
post #42 of 63

A

Original message sent by flowerpoo

Phew! Finally someone understands, thanks a bunch :-)

And no more cake central for me i just should have sought advice locally.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 6:37pm
post #43 of 63

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

It may time time flowerpoo. English is tricky for native speakers too, especially homophones like "than" and "then."

flowerpoo Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 6:45pm
post #44 of 63

A

Original message sent by Sassyzan

It may time time flowerpoo. English is tricky for native speakers too, especially homophones like "than" and "then."

[B][/B]

Yes i did notice dat ;-)

Annabakescakes Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 7:08pm
post #45 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyzan 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

HAHAHAHA! I often spell things phonetically, and get it all wrong. Often spell check will take care of it, but my crippling dyslexia doesn't help, when it is actually a word. I do actually know the difference, it is just a typo, and I am certainly not doing it on purpose to look cool, or make shortcuts while typing.

shake n cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shake n cake Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 7:09pm
post #46 of 63

Flowerpoo, I am sure everyone here did not mean to discourage you from Cake Central. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who come to this site with the wrong intention. It seems that everyone above believed you may be one of those trolls. Don't feel discouraged by the site, it really is a great community for advice. icon_smile.gif

flowerpoo Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 7:24pm
post #47 of 63

ACertainly not discouraged, but definitely disgusted at how certain people are ever ready to pounce on you for your every mistake

Annabakescakes Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 7:32pm
post #48 of 63
Quote:

Certainly not discouraged, but definitely disgusted at how certain people are ever ready to pounce on you for your every mistake

How do you know which people pounce, if you just joined yesterday?

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 7:36pm
post #49 of 63
Quote:

I think she just meant those that pounced on her in this post. 

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 7:38pm
post #50 of 63
Quote:

Good catch, Anna! Unfortunately it's Mission Accomplished for whoever is hiding behind that pseudonym.

keepingitreal21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keepingitreal21 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 7:48pm
post #51 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok 

'Flowerpoo'  writes like a bad episode of the Sopranos.  Hey...Flowerpoo when it comes to 'dis' cake... Fuhgeddaboudit!

Oh...and if you insist on writing a fake post...at least be consistent in your grammatical errors.  'Phew' you get right but 'this and that' is dis and dat?  come on.

Very curious indeed. Not to mention how "proper" Flowerpoo gets when aggravated. Also, it just seems to make sense, if it's a language barrier, there would be several other grammatical issues. But hey, what do I know. I'm not an English teacher, linguist or the like. I've only had one little poem published back in high school. icon_eek.gif

flowerpoo Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 8:44pm
post #52 of 63

A

Original message sent by MimiFix

Good catch, Anna! Unfortunately it's  Mission Accomplished  for whoever is hiding behind that pseudonym.

Original message sent by bct806

I think she just meant those that pounced on her in this post. 

Yes, dats exactly what she meant!

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 9:09pm
post #53 of 63

I have been caking for a very looooong time. I too, would most likely not take that order. If this is your 1st time making a wedding cake, I don't know how you think you can take this on! I do not know the extent of your skills, but if you have to ask  what sizes the cake looks to be from the picture and what diameter it should be, then I tend to think that you do not have enough experience to pull this off. As another poster said, you will most likely ruin the brides day.

If you could show us some of your past work, maybe we could determine if you can do this. I would love to see the shoe box cake you mentioned in another post!

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 9:15pm
post #54 of 63

Even if the cake is styrofoam (which I don't get) You still have to carve, ice and make the flowers as if it were a real cake. I still would not attempt that!

newbe86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbe86 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 9:54pm
post #55 of 63
Quote:

dis is my first time doin a wedding cake... da customer sent me a pic f hw she wants her cake to look like wit a few changes in da color... cn anyone tel me wht da sizes of each tier are and also what diameter should da base and da top of the vase be?? tnx!

The top should certainly be at least 10 inches, but remember, you will have to carve them out to fill them with water so that the flowers won't die.

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 9:56pm
post #56 of 63

I'm not sure why anyone thinks this is real.  Her spelling was (almost) spot on in her last post.  This is someone who has nothing better to do.  Let's stop feeding the troll.

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 9:57pm
post #57 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbe86 

The top should certainly be at least 10 inches, but remember, you will have to carve them out to fill them with water so that the flowers won't die.

I could be wrong (happens every few years haha) but I think those flowers are fake and homemade

newbe86 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 10:04pm
post #58 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by bct806 

I could be wrong (happens every few years haha) but I think those flowers are fake and homemade

And filling a cake with water would be one hell of a mess.  Just like flowerpoo's idea that this cake could be successfully done as their first tiered cake and seeing as he/she cannot even spell correctly, I would never consider a baker who could not communicate with me.

newbe86 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 10:24pm
post #59 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

DATS: Disturbed acne terrorized snakes. No, no... Dark angry teetotalling sniglets. No that's not it either. Droopy askew tormented slugs.

In all seriousness, please reconsider your method of communicating with people. It looks awfully unprofessional, and I'd have a hard time taking you seriously if I were a client. :)

Seriously as a client... What if you were flowerpoo's client? I would be running for the hills. There is no way someone that unprofessional would EVER be hired to do my wedding cake or even a cake for my dog for that matter.

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 10:28pm
post #60 of 63

This thread has been so weird/funny/strange/oddly amusing I had to call my husband in here and read it to him! I don't know what to make of it! (Hearing Twilight Zone music!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%