Things Not To Say To Your Wife/husband/gf/bf

Lounge By kaylawaylalayla Updated 10 Jul 2013 , 9:58pm by Annabakescakes

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 16

AWhat are some crazy silly things that you have said or your significant other has said to you?

Last night my husband looked at me and said " hey, if you do wanna watch a movie after you get the baby to bed... can you brush your hair first? "

Of course, I just went to bed :p

15 replies
sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 16

AI got a butched, bad, bad haircut about a month before our wedding, went over to my (then) fiance's house in tears and his comment, "What were you trying to do? Look like Liza Minelli?"(sorry, spelling??) We've been married for almost 15 years, and I still won't let him forget that one. My hair did grow out thankfully. ;)

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 16

AANYTHING negative about a cake on the way to deliver'!!!

My husband did that Once.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 16

On a friday afternoon/evening at the bakery...what time will you be home? What time will you be home? What time will you be home? What time will you be home? icon_mad.gif

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:06pm
post #5 of 16

A"Can I use your torch thingy I just want to make some kind of sugar art; ill just use some of your latex gloves to protect my hands" he has since been banned from my kitchen!

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 16

A"Oh, that's cute... What is it?" I haven't actually gotten this one, but it would grind my gears if I did.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 16

1.  "Hey, I told my office that I'll be bringing your cupcakes to happy hour tomorrow.  That OK?  Supposed to be about 200 people."  He dropped this gem on me at 6pm the night prior.  Uh, no.

2.  "I don't understand why you can't use a pizza lifter to put on your fondant".  His "solution" to helping save my back.

But the worst for me???

3.  "What are your plans this weekend?" Uh, the same as EVERY weekend - I am WORKING!

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:56pm
post #8 of 16

"Is that cake supposed to look like that?"

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 10:10pm
post #9 of 16

A

Original message sent by scrumdiddlycakes

"Is that cake supposed to look like that?"

Ha! My dad hit me with that one once. My feelings were so hurt!

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 2:57am
post #10 of 16

Cake related?  "Oh my word, I don't know how you have the patience to sit there and do all those little details.  That must've taken forever, I couldn't sit there and do that."  Yup, I have absolutely nothing better to do than work on your cake.  You're welcome.  Hey let's talk about how crazy YOUR hobby would drive me, mkay?

Non-cake related?  DH once told me I was "middle age hot".  I'm 34.  I still bring it up to him once in a while...

knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 4:31pm
post #11 of 16

An hour before pickup my hubby says "Too bad you don't have time to redo it"...............What?!!  There was nothing wrong with it!!!  He just didn't like the colors the bride chose for her cake. 

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 5:27pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess155 

Cake related?  "Oh my word, I don't know how you have the patience to sit there and do all those little details.  That must've taken forever, I couldn't sit there and do that."  Yup, I have absolutely nothing better to do than work on your cake.  You're welcome.  Hey let's talk about how crazy YOUR hobby would drive me, mkay?

Non-cake related?  DH once told me I was "middle age hot".  I'm 34.  I still bring it up to him once in a while...

Wow...And has he gotten over his death-wish?

I am sure I will think of something, as my husband is always saying something stupid, but the only thing that comes to mind right now is recently, my husband and I were hugging and he sighed and said, "You feel so warm and soft and squishy...I could just sink into to your fa--- uh, soft parts"

I swear, I tried to take it as a compliment! I happen to weigh what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant with my daughter, and am having a real hard time with it.

Something else he said to me was, "If I stayed home all day and didn't work as hard as I do, and baked half the week, I would be as big as you too." He meant that to sound comforting and understanding!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 5:51pm
post #13 of 16

AOmg I think my husband is pretty tame most of the time. Is it supposed to look like that is one he uses more than he should.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 8:19pm
post #14 of 16

Two years ago I made this cake for my sister (she's an adult - that's what her papers say)

Her first reaction... Oh that's weird!

Hmmm.  No more cake for you ( except I do!)

Theresa

Two tone purple buttercream, 5 layers.  Happens to be gluten free but could be gluten full!

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 8:54pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganchampagne 

Ha! My dad hit me with that one once. My feelings were so hurt!

haha, he is all about symmetry, and it was a topsy turvy cake, he cannot handle them! He'll walk into the kitchen when I am making one and just glare sometimes, (at the cake, not me).

Since he explained his hatred of them I don't get offended anymore. That first time though... oooh.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 9:58pm
post #16 of 16

My husband is super positive about my cakes most of the time, because he knows if he points something out, I will start over, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%