4 Hour Away Wedding

Decorating By Jenniferkay Updated 8 Jul 2013 , 7:43pm by Sassyzan

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 3

Hi All,

I'm trying to decide on how to transport a wedding cake.  Normally I use SPS and deliver assembled add fragile décor on site.  But this wedding is 4 hours away in the Rochester Hills, MI area.  It's mostly highway travel from my place.  It's going to be a 6/9/12/15, fondant with crystal banding, ruffles on one tier, gathered with brooch on another, quilt and crystal top, plain middle. 

How would you deliver?  It's plain flavors with vanilla buttercream fillings.  I was thinking bottom tiers assembled then stack the remaining 2 on site.  If assembled on site how would the tiers travel since they would be on SPS plates or should I place them on their plates on site as well? 

2 replies
mrsg1111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsg1111 Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 3

WOW. 4 hours away.  I think I would be most comfortable assembling the whole thing onsite.  I would be  a nervous wreck the whole ride.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 3

AI'd stack the 6/9 and the 12/15. And stack those on top of each other when you get there. Put the sps plate on top of the 12 so you can just plop the 6/9 on top when you get there.

I sent a 2-tier on a 2 hour car ride with a bride last week. My first experience with that and first time using sps. It was about 90 degrees. Cake traveled perfectly. I don't think 2 more hours in the car would've changed that unless the a/c crapped out or something! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%