Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 2:52am
post #31 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylawaylalayla 

Eww eww ewww. Marinod. For marinade?

Exactly. Ewwwww. And again, pretentious.

OMG, that is horrible!

Lucky6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lucky6 Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 5:35am
post #32 of 110

A

Original message sent by shanter

I recall Duff (Ace of Cakes) also says fon-[B]dont[/B]. Sounds pretentious.

I watched a show a couple of times, and I believe it was this show, what grossed me out was the fact that they would work on the cakes without an apron or any type of covering on their clothes, no hair covering, they would play around and touch their faces, clothes stuff even each other and then get back to caking...yes maybe a little germaphobic and perhaps it was just for the show but it still grossed me out and I've never watched again

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 8:31am
post #33 of 110

'fawndawnt' for fondant (sounds pretentious)

'ga-nash' for ganache (so far I've only heard Australians say it this way & ok it doesn't gross me out but it does almost annoy me, so I'm including it)

'dirty ice' ...dirt and food do not go together. sounds gross. 

as you wish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
as you wish Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 11:38am
post #34 of 110

AAh ha! The key to really sounding like you know your stuff is to say things with an artificial accent! Join me, fellow bakers, in doubling our prices as we put emphasis on wrong syllables and draw out our vowels! Marinaaaaawwwwd. Faaaawwwwndaaawwwnt. Moooooiyyyst.

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 12:44pm
post #35 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky6 

I watched a show a couple of times, and I believe it was this show, what grossed me out was the fact that they would work on the cakes without an apron or any type of covering on their clothes, no hair covering, they would play around and touch their faces, clothes stuff even each other and then get back to caking...yes maybe a little germaphobic and perhaps it was just for the show but it still grossed me out and I've never watched again

The time I watched the show, they stuck their fingers in the frosting/filling to taste it......ew.

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 3:24pm
post #36 of 110

AHaha. EmpAhsis on the wrong sylLABle.

Ok maybe I'm readinf your phonetics wrong, but ga-nash? How do the rest of you say it?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 4:13pm
post #37 of 110

I say gun-nawsh, or something like that. What's the other pronunciation?

kaylawaylalayla Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 4:21pm
post #38 of 110

AIdk I'm not seeing the difference?

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 4:42pm
post #39 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinarow 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky6 

The time I watched the show, they stuck their fingers in the frosting/filling to taste it......ew.

Oh, yeah, absolutely disgusting! I am sickened by the hair touching, face touching, clothes touching, and lack of hand washing. I don't know if it doesn't make good TV to show the occasional washing of the hands, or if they just don't wash them? I wash my hands raw when I bake and decorate. I am literally at the sink 3-4 times an hour, sometimes more, depending on what I am doing. And I taste absolutely everything that leaves my kitchen, that is why I have a drawer full of spoons that I use once, and throw in the basin. No finger licking, double dipping, nonsense going on here! In fact, I am disgusted by cake shows where I see people with their arm pits uncovered in the kitchen. I HATE armpits in the kitchen! And a local illegal caker I know has told me that since she is going through "the change" that she does her baking in her bra and underwear... I swear I turned green.  

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 4:44pm
post #40 of 110

I lady I do cakes for, literally a couple dozen cakes for, has always requested ger-nash filling. I make a point to say it correctly at least 15 times every time we speak, but she insists.

kaylawaylalayla Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 7:22pm
post #41 of 110

AGah gnosh

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:06pm
post #42 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

And a local illegal caker I know has told me that since she is going through "the change" that she does her baking in her bra and underwear... I swear I turned green.  

EEWW, EEWW, EEEWWWW!!! icon_eek.gif

sixinarow Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:20pm
post #43 of 110

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

I HATE armpits in the kitchen!

I hate armpits period! :) I won't let my husband share my pillow in bed bc he sleeps on his stomach with his armpits on the pillow! I sometimes actually take time to put on anti-wrinkle night time face lotion, I don't need it mixing with armpit hair & counter-acting the benefits! :/

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:48pm
post #44 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes  And a local illegal caker I know has told me that since she is going through "the change" that she does her baking in her bra and underwear... I swear I turned green.  

I'm sorry, what? I read that as, "I know a baker who bakes almost naked," but I know that can't be right... please tell me that isn't right? Please?

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:48pm
post #45 of 110

AAs an aesthetician, I learned that ladies do not have armpits; ladies have underarms. (also: we do not pluck, we are not chickens - we tweeze)

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:51pm
post #46 of 110

Definitely crusting, and for surely MOIST! Extended barrel for DB's...gotcha. That's so true! 

AZCouture Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:53pm
post #47 of 110

Oh ok, dirty ice cracks me up, forgot about that one. Dirty ice yer crusting cake. No thanks.

sixinarow Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 9:56pm
post #48 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmPamCakes 

As an aesthetician, I learned that ladies do not have armpits; ladies have underarms.
(also: we do not pluck, we are not chickens - we tweeze)

thumbs_up.gif

Hair makes it a pit...maybe that's why I'm so grossed out by my husband's but not my kids!! 

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 10:02pm
post #49 of 110
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmPamCakes 

As an aesthetician, I learned that ladies do not have armpits; ladies have underarms.
(also: we do not pluck, we are not chickens - we tweeze)

thumbs_up.gif

Hair makes it a pit...maybe that's why I'm so grossed out by my husband's but not my kids!! 

Wait 'til puberty. My 12 year old twin boys smell like onions, and they have no hair yet.

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 10:05pm
post #50 of 110

AGross.

:-)

Annabakescakes Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 10:06pm
post #51 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes  And a local illegal caker I know has told me that since she is going through "the change" that she does her baking in her bra and underwear... I swear I turned green.  

I'm sorry, what? I read that as, "I know a baker who bakes almost naked," but I know that can't be right... please tell me that isn't right? Please?

LOL! I know... I know... It is seriously so gross. She does come over and I help her with really large orders for her daughters. She has 3, and she does the sweet 16, birthdays, and weddings and christenings and such with big cakes and decorated cookies and such. She always comes over with her pits showing, but keeps her clothes on, thank heavens. I would panic and call the police or something if she stripped in my bakery!

kaylawaylalayla Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 12:34am
post #52 of 110

ASee that's why I don't like cupcakes wars. People all dressesbin pretty nows with their hair down cause that's their "brand" and wearing tank tops. Ick

sixinarow Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 2:55am
post #53 of 110
Quote:

Wait 'til puberty. My 12 year old twin boys smell like onions, and they have no hair yet.

Awesome, by the time I get my youngest out of diapers, the oldest is gonna be stinky. Trading one smell for another..

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 3:27am
post #54 of 110

AStupid as it sounds, I can't read MMF without thinking "mangy mother f******", which is something someone I knew growing up used to say a lot.

AZCouture Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 3:40am
post #55 of 110

Well, now that's what's going to flash in my brain when I see it. What would MFF translate to? ing-er

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 3:41am
post #56 of 110

A

Original message sent by BrandisBaked

Stupid as it sounds, I can't read MMF without thinking "mangy mother f******", which is something someone I knew growing up used to say a lot.

Lol And now neither will I

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 3:42am
post #57 of 110

A

Original message sent by AZCouture

Well, now that's what's going to flash in my brain when I see it. What would MFF translate to? ing-er

I'm going to go with mangy fat effer

Annabakescakes Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 7:13am
post #58 of 110
Quote:

Quote:

Awesome, by the time I get my youngest out of diapers, the oldest is gonna be stinky. Trading one smell for another..

Yep, my youngest is learning how to wipe, so he is sometimes aromatic... Maybe I should say learning TO wipe... My husband gets a vasectomy in 2 weeks, I will be thrilled to never be up all night feeding, or soothing, or diapering or getting spit -up on... I am so done having kids, and I just have the 4, I always wanted 4, and then somehow changed it to 6, but I found my mind, and am so done!

Annabakescakes Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 7:16am
post #59 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylawaylalayla 

See that's why I don't like cupcakes wars. People all dressesbin pretty nows with their hair down cause that's their "brand" and wearing tank tops. Ick

And just why is fly away hair or too much hairspray a brand, anyway? I hate that crap! I wear my hair in an ugly little bun, because it goes most of the way down my back. I don't even walk out through my bakery without it in my ugly little bun. Hair in food is SO gross.

kaylawaylalayla Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 5:28pm
post #60 of 110

AI know! Its not glamorous but its safe ans professional. Ugly little buns for the win!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%