I'm Back ...what Have Missed?

Lounge By yummy Updated 18 Jul 2013 , 1:58am by BrandisBaked

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 6:14am
post #121 of 156

I think I watched too much "Touch" on Netflix and Hulu Plus...Martin, (Keiffer Sutherland) the dad of the main character pants at every word...Very Breathless in the whole show, and I watched both seasons in the last 3 days, lol... Binge watcher, I am. Just finished about an hour ago.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 12:55pm
post #122 of 156

A

Original message sent by Godot

*snork*

Wow - a certain people here really have it in for Jason - to the point where they are hugely embarrassing themselves.

DeliciousDesserts Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 1:05pm
post #123 of 156

AI get it.

There are a tiny few members I don't care for on this site. I just stay clear of them. Certainly when they give poor advice, I offer my own suggestion. I try not to air my disdain for them. It does no good.

I can see why some people would be ruffled by seeing new members fawning over someone with less practical experience. Truth is Jason really does have some great knowledge to share. He can be a bit of a wet blanket at times, but that makes his moments of wit all the brighter. He really does serve a useful purpose.

I enjoy a good debate. And, I'm such a gossip, I'd love to know al the back story!

Brandi, you've been around mucho get than I. This is my first introduction to you. I haven't seen many posts until recently. I am sure there is much more to you than the glimpse I've gotten. Sadly, for me, it's only been a couple of posts bantering with Jason. Luckily, I know there must be more to you. A less sensitive person would just assume you have some bitter conflict with Jason & stalk him to contradict & goad him. I look forward to your sharing true practical, useful knowledge.

Hope I didn't just step in it.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 1:06pm
post #124 of 156

Has the OP been back since?

DeliciousDesserts Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 1:31pm
post #125 of 156

A

Original message sent by MimiFix

Has the OP been back since?

Ha ha ha! Maybe she'll be gone another "minute."

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 6:03pm
post #126 of 156

AIn my opinion Jason has a lot to offer when it comes to business matters, or at least for the home bakers who want to do more than just $25 cake wrecks. I wouldn't necessarily go to him with a baking question but logistics, sure. I have certainly appreciated his advice anyway.

Annie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie8 Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 6:14pm
post #127 of 156

Seems like there has been a lot of snarkiness around here lately.  If you're annoyed by someone asking questions, don't look at their posts. This is supposed to be a place for people to come to ask questions and learn from others.  Yeah, maybe some know more than others, and if you don't want to offer help, that's fine, but then don't bicker about it in another post like this one has become.  Do you think the ones asking HELP, how do I, etc, can't see this?  It's very grade school/high school behavior.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 6:47pm
post #128 of 156

And Godot is the self-named Queen of Snark..... now where's my d*mned sceptre and crown?

DeliciousDesserts Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 7:00pm
post #129 of 156

AOh Godot, I would make you one from gumpaste!

Annie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie8 Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 7:03pm
post #130 of 156

Would it be a "traveling" gumpaste sceptre?

Godot Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 7:10pm
post #131 of 156

No way! I am the Once-and-always-Dictator-of-the-World.

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 7:48pm
post #132 of 156

AOoh! Will there be a jester?!

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 8:36pm
post #133 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I hugely have it for you, Godot, and Brandi.... pant, pant, pant*! and I am not ashamed at all, pant, pant, pant*...

*pant:

1. take short fast shallow breaths: to take short fast shallow breaths, especially when excited, hot, or after physical exertion
  2. say something breathlessly: to say something while trying to catch your breath
  3. yearn: to have a strong desire and yearning for somebody or something

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

This just made the whole thread go from 'uncomfortable but strangely amusing' to 'terrifying' for me, thank you Anna :)

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 8:09pm
post #134 of 156

You guys are too funny...I've only read 2 pages and I'm cracking up and realizing that I haven't missed anything.  Same posts same humor.  I'm about to read the rest of the responses; if it hasn't been posted yet, I'll be back to ask about new decorating ideas and trends.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 8:36pm
post #135 of 156

For some reason I haven't been able to get on my email to see if anyone responded and then I couldn't find the thread in the one day I've been back on cc since I started this post; just found it today.

MiMi, no not really...I found out that everything is still the same.  Nine pages, 132 replies with the exception of the maybe the first 2 to 3 pages and the thread stop being about my questions .   OMG all I wanted to do was catch up on new decorating techniques and the thread took off in directions I never meant for it to go.  

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 9:25pm
post #136 of 156

ASounds about right.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 9:30pm
post #137 of 156

AOP, maybe try posting again with a more specific topic?

When you asked us to tell you everything you missed, you didn't say to exclude the drama.

;)

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 9:36pm
post #138 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy   ...all I wanted to do was catch up on new decorating techniques and the thread took off in directions I never meant for it to go.  

Yes, it got a little unruly. More than a little. Sometimes funny but sometimes nasty. As you saw, the Mod finally stepped in. Sorry I can't help with new decorating techniques; I've had several hand surgeries so I no longer do that kind of work. I'm here for the business aspect plus the camaraderie; welcome back!   

ca·ma·ra·de·rie  

/ˌkäm(ə)ˈrädərē/

Noun: Mutual trust and friendship among people who spend a lot of time together.
DeliciousDesserts Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 11:13pm
post #139 of 156

AChevron. You missed lots of chevron. Oh & gold . Lots of gold & burlap & mason jars.

Annabakescakes Posted 12 Jul 2013 , 11:26pm
post #140 of 156

AHmm. Peonies. Everybody wanted peonies for a while there. I always picture them covered with ants, in my mind, since they are always covered in ants in real life.

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 2:44am
post #141 of 156

AScratch versus box. Oh wait, nope. That one has been a topic since you were here last.

I still have no idea how many "minutes" you've been gone, but I think it's safe to assume the debate raged on no matter when it was.

New techniques. Cupcake cakes are all the rage! And stairs and fountains on wedding cakes!

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 12:59pm
post #142 of 156

Don't forget the ruffles - there's been a ton of ruffles especially since Maggie Austin started her Craftsy class.

Godot Posted 13 Jul 2013 , 2:41pm
post #143 of 156

AOh geez yeah. Those d*mned ugly unbalanced upside-down ruffles.

Don't forget all the ombre crap.

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 3:50am
post #144 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I think I watched too much "Touch" on Netflix and Hulu Plus...Martin, (Keiffer Sutherland) the dad of the main character pants at every word...Very Breathless in the whole show, and I watched both seasons in the last 3 days, lol... Binge watcher, I am. Just finished about an hour ago.

Keifer Sutherland talks breathless no matter what character he plays. Did you watch "24"? Breathless throughout!

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 4:37am
post #145 of 156

A

Original message sent by dawnybird

[QUOTE name="Annabakescakes" url="/t/760649/im-back-what-have-missed/105#post_7413791"] I think I watched too much "Touch" on Netflix and Hulu Plus...Martin, (Keiffer Sutherland) the dad of the main character pants at every word...Very Breathless in the whole show, and I watched both seasons in the last 3 days, lol... Binge watcher, I am. Just finished about an hour ago. [/QUOTE]

Keifer Sutherland talks breathless no matter what character he plays. Did you watch "24"? Breathless throughout!

I watched the first season, but didn't get caught up in the rest, thank heavens! I don't remember him talking like that in the "The Lost Boys" Maybe because he was so young? I have heard him called "chiefer Sutherland...Which refers to him "chiefing" or smoking the peace pipe, aka smoking weed. Supposedly why he is out of breath.

Godot Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 4:47am
post #146 of 156

If my parents had named me something like Keifer I'd probably smoke weed, too.

Godot Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 4:47am
post #147 of 156

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 5:01am
post #148 of 156

A

Funny (pathetic) story. I wanted to name one of my twin boys Keith, and the other one Brian. When I asked my (then) husband what he thought, he said, "Brian and Keif...those are good names." I said, "You mean Keith?" To which he replied,"That's what I said: Keif." This was the same time the first season of 24 came out, so I thought, "This dumb@$$ can't say Keith right, so maybe we could go with Keifer, I'm sure he can pronounce[I] that[/I]" But upon further thought, I realized I hated that name, and named him Kyle.

And I divorced him when I realized that he was never going to get a job and keep it, and we would always be in low income housing, on food stamps if I stayed with him. 10 years after I divorced him, I own my own home and business and haven't been on food stamps in 5 years, and he lives in his parents' basement, drives his dad's truck and ran out of his 99 weeks unemployment after getting fired from his delivering pizza job (for ***ual harassment) and he is now selling all the BS his mom hoarded for the last 40 years, at the flea market and keeping the money. Bonus, he gave me a POS made in china "never needs sharpening knife" last week, that he got at the flea market, instead of child support last weekend. SCORE! And he is only $9,000 behind.

Godot Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 5:15am
post #149 of 156

Sheesh, what a wanker!

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 5:32am
post #150 of 156

A

Sheesh, what a wanker!

And he is fat now, too. lol. He is so fat and out of shape that last summer he nearly died mowing my lawn. He came empty handed to pick up our boys, and was $6,000 behind in CS, so I handed him our lawn mower. When my husband got home from working 70 hours in one week, and saw my ex sweating all over our lawn, red faced, huffing and puffing, he actually felt sorry for him and brought him a cold Gatorade and finished up for him, while fatty fattso sat under our big tree, panting and puking like he was going to die. And I am a big enough Beotch that I was cackling with glee.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%