I'm Back ...what Have Missed?

Lounge By yummy Updated 18 Jul 2013 , 1:58am by BrandisBaked

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 9:50pm
post #91 of 156

ASeriously, you'd think with all the time spent researching me people would at least come up with accurate information.

:detective:

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 9:53pm
post #92 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennicake 

I just have to say, I'm mind boggled at how much time is spent researching Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumdiddlycakes 

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that... lol

Agreed!!

Brandisbaked...if you don't value his opinion in the slightest, why do you know so much about him? Or was it the result of a Google search? :)

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 10:39pm
post #93 of 156

A

Original message sent by jason_kraft

That's news to me...I've been keeping in touch with the new owner and the business has been doing quite well since we sold it in 2011 (2 years ago) after founding it in 2008 (3 years before that). )

I don't need Google, he posted the information here in this thread. Not sure how he can now say it's misinformation.

jason_kraft Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 10:53pm
post #94 of 156

A

Original message sent by BrandisBaked

I don't need Google, he posted the information here in this thread. Not sure how he can now say it's misinformation.

The misinformation you posted was that the bakery was home-based (home-based bakeries were illegal in CA before this year) and that my business experience was limited to founding and running the bakery.

I'm also still waiting to hear when I've "questioned someone's background".

BrandisBaked Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 10:59pm
post #95 of 156

A

Original message sent by jason_kraft

The misinformation you posted was that the bakery was home-based (home-based bakeries were illegal in CA before this year) and that my business experience was limited to founding and running the bakery.

I'm also still waiting to hear when I've "questioned someone's background".

Home based, as in no storefront. You may have baked your cakes in a commercial kitchen, but it was my understanding that you shared a kitchen and rented by the hour, which would mean your other business operations were performed from home. Hence home-BASED, not home-BAKED. You'll have to correct me if I'm wrong.

As for questioning someone's background, I can't believe you would deny it. If you are really challenging me to prove it, I will do so on one condition... When I find a single post confirming it, you give up your "15 minutes" on CC for one week. :-)

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 11:05pm
post #96 of 156

AGawd just stoppppppp!!!!

jason_kraft Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 11:06pm
post #97 of 156

A

Home based, as in no storefront. You may have baked your cakes in a commercial kitchen, but it was my understanding that you shared a kitchen and rented by the hour, which would mean your other business operations were performed from home. Hence home-BASED, not home-BAKED. You'll have to correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong. The common understanding is that a home-based kitchen performs all activities at home, including baking. I have never seen the term "home-baked kitchen".

As for questioning someone's background, I can't believe you would deny it. If you are really challenging me to prove it, I will do so on one condition... When I find a single post confirming it, you give up your "15 minutes" on CC for one week. :-)
I don't need to agree to conditions, especially one as ridiculous as that. Given your track record at posting misinformation I am assuming this is more of the same if you do not produce an example. If you do produce an example, I will apologize to the wronged party.

jason_kraft Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 11:09pm
post #98 of 156

A

Original message sent by BatterUpCake

Gawd just stoppppppp!!!!

Well, OP did ask what she missed....this thread is a prime example. ;)

BrandisBaked Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 11:12pm
post #99 of 156

AI am not "wrong". If your interpretation of the phrase is different than mine, that doesn't make me wrong and you right. That's not the way it works.

Provide me an example of any misinformation I've posted. Everything I said was just repeating what you said yourself.

BrandisBaked Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 11:23pm
post #100 of 156

AI can google too! Read the first line of this page: http://definitions.uslegal.com/h/home-based-business/

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 11:27pm
post #101 of 156

AStop!!!! You are tearing this family apart! Waaaaaaah

jason_kraft Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 11:30pm
post #102 of 156

A[quote name="BrandisBaked" url="/t/760649/im-back-what-have-missed/90#post_7413629"]I can google too! Read the first line of this page: http://definitions.uslegal.com/h/home-based-business/[/quote]

That's great, except you said I ran a "home-based bakery", not a "home-based business". Definition below.

http://cottagefoodlaws.com/definitions/what-home-based-baker/

Which, now that I look at it, does mention that home-based bakers may use a commercial kitchen. Touche. I don't agree with that definition (it makes for a confusing lack of distinction) but I'll give you that one. I do see what you are getting at in that I don't have hands-on experience with a retail storefront, but based on the context of our discussion (related to business valuation) the point was not relevant.

So we're down to two pieces of misinformation (that the bakery was my entire business experience, and that I question other peoples' backgrounds).

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 11:53pm
post #103 of 156

ASeriously, what is this really about?

I'm going to guess:

Jason gave you good business advice but it wasn't what you wanted to hear so you hate him now.

Am I right?

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 12:07am
post #104 of 156

A

Original message sent by manddi

Seriously, what is this really about?

I'm going to guess:

Jason gave you good business advice but it wasn't what you wanted to hear so you hate him now.

Am I right?

Close. I think OP is just getting a solid answer to the question of what they missed lol

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 12:09am
post #105 of 156

A

I'm going to guess:

Am I right?

OMG! That is laughable! I have been trying to stay back, but that is the dumbest thing I have very read. The people Jason irks have hand on knowledge and object to him Googling himself to death while the rest of us are living it.

Does Googling yourself make for hairy palms?

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 12:16am
post #106 of 156

Wow. This is up there with one of the weirdest threads I have ever read on CC. Why, just why??? icon_confused.gif

Jason, hats off to you for staying so level-headed. I think I would have gotten just a leeeetle testy by now. 

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 12:20am
post #107 of 156

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

Don't forget :

10. How many people will this cake feed?

11. HELP! What should I charge for this cake ... The customer will be here to pick it up in an hour!

12. Why do the old timers hate newbies?

13. What is a good mark up on bakery items?

14. How can I make this elaborate fondant cake out of buttercream?

15. Advice please! (Even though I am going to do what I want and whine if someone disagrees with me!)

16. What is your best moist recipe for __________?

17. How can I make this cake more moist?

Number 15

jason_kraft Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 12:24am
post #108 of 156

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

The people Jason irks have hand on knowledge and object to him Googling himself to death while the rest of us are living it.

So people are upset because I try to improve my knowledge by doing research?

SystemMod2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod2 Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 12:40am
post #109 of 156

Okay, I'm watching this thread. If there are any personal attacks or name-calling, it will be removed.

For those flagging this thread, please remember this is the Lounge, where members can discuss anything not cake-related. This does not mean its a free-for-all. But, there will not necessarily be answers to your cake questions in the Lounge.

jason_kraft Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 12:55am
post #110 of 156

A

Original message sent by SystemMod2

For those flagging this thread, please remember this is the Lounge, where members can discuss [U]anything[/U] not cake-related.

On a related note, are there any plans to start removing the ability to flag from those who abuse the privilege too much?

SystemMod2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod2 Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 1:03am
post #111 of 156

I have not heard about any plans to start removing flagging ability from members. However, I have also not noted any one particular member 'abusing' their privilege to flag to this date.

We often have flags from members who are not actively participating in a flagged thread, but who are still offended by what they are seeing. Which is a good reminder to all members that what they are writing is here for all to see, and if a member has a personal gripe, perhaps its best to take it off-site and communicate privately.

jason_kraft Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 1:09am
post #112 of 156

AGot it. Not sure if it's possible, but perhaps the flag screen for threads in the Lounge could have an additional message explaining the looser restrictions, since some are probably not aware of the difference.

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 2:05am
post #113 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterUpCake 

Stop!!!! You are tearing this family apart! Waaaaaaah

You crack me up. haha

BrandisBaked Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 3:48am
post #114 of 156

A

I'm going to guess:

Am I right?

Nope. Just tired of people who actually know what they are doing getting run off because someone likes to be BMOC. Anyone whose posts are more knowledgeable gets badgered with demands of "post your facts or you must be lying/wrong". Jason likes to push people's buttons until they snap. Seen it a few times already. Not sure why the mods haven't.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 3:57am
post #115 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by manddi 

I'm going to guess:

Am I right?

*snork*

Wow - a certain people here really have it in for Jason - to the point where they are hugely embarrassing themselves.

Lucky6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lucky6 Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 3:58am
post #116 of 156

Wow

Annabakescakes Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 5:22am
post #117 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manddi 

I'm going to guess:

Am I right?

*snork*

Wow - a certain people here really have it in for Jason - to the point where they are hugely embarrassing themselves.

I hugely have it for you, Godot, and Brandi.... pant, pant, pant*! and I am not ashamed at all, pant, pant, pant*...

*pant:

1. take short fast shallow breaths: to take short fast shallow breaths, especially when excited, hot, or after physical exertion
  2. say something breathlessly: to say something while trying to catch your breath
  3. yearn: to have a strong desire and yearning for somebody or something

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 5:35am
post #118 of 156

AHahaha! That is too funny!

I wrote "have it in for" - not "have the hots for"!

jason_kraft Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 6:02am
post #119 of 156

A

Just tired of people who actually know what they are doing getting run off because someone likes to be BMOC. Anyone whose posts are more knowledgeable gets badgered with demands of "post your facts or you must be lying/wrong". Jason likes to push people's buttons until they snap. Seen it a few times already. Not sure why the mods haven't.

If I read a post that I don't understand or doesn't make sense, I'll ask for clarification or more details, and yes, sometimes that may involve posting facts. No one is forced to reply to me. CC even has a built-in feature that allows people to completely block others and hide their posts, yet apparently these hypothetical community members who are "run off" choose to abandon the site rather than avail themselves of this feature.

I don't like to "push people's buttons". I like discussing the business of cake decorating, and that will occasionally involve a lively debate in which I do my best to stick to facts and logic. If simply participating in a debate is enough to "push people's buttons", perhaps said people should not be participating in a public forum.

Annabakescakes Posted 10 Jul 2013 , 6:08am
post #120 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

Hahaha! That is too funny!

I wrote "have it in for" - not "have the hots for"!

Yeah I know, I was trying to lighten the mood.... It was mock murderous rage, but if you want to think I have the hots for you, then I am all for it, just to change the subject... wink, wink

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%