A few months ago I found a recipe in one of the forums here. It was for pudding filling and it called for heavy cream, instant pudding, cream cheese (I think) and possibly some powdered sugar. There was also talk about putting fresh fruit in the recipe. I made it and it was very much like a mousse and simply amazing!
Of course, I didn't bookmark or print that page and I would love to find it again. Can you help out?
We can make Pudding filling Recipe with Vanilla, Chocolate, Cheese Cream, Cannoli, Cupcakes, Yorkshire, Etc.
But here i am showing the Recipe with Lemon...
Original recipe makes 1 - 4 layer 8 inch cake
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup butter
-1 1/4 cups white sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 cup milk
-1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
-1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
-1 tablespoon cornstarch
-6 tablespoons butter
-3/4 cup white sugar
-4 egg yolks, beaten
-4 cups confectioners' sugar
-1/2 cup butter, softened
-2 tablespoons fresh lemon
-1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8 inch round pans. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Then invert onto wire racks to cool completely.
- To make filling: In medium saucepan, mix together 1 tablespoon lemon zest, 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth. Mix in 6 tablespoons butter and 3/4 cup sugar, and bring mixture to boil over medium heat. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly. In small bowl, with a wire whisk, beat egg yolks until smooth. Whisk in a small amount of the hot lemon mixture. Pour the egg mixture into the sauce pan, beating the hot lemon mixture rapidly. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes, or until thick (not to boil).
- Pour mixture into medium bowl. Press plastic wrap onto surface to keep skin from forming as it cools. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- To make frosting: In large bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon zest until smooth. Beat in milk, and increase speed and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- To assemble: With long serrated knife, split each cake layer in half horizontally, making 4 layers. Place 1 layer, cut side up, on a serving plate. Spread with half of the lemon filling. Top with another layer, and spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Add third layer, and spread with remaining half of the lemon filling. Press on final cake layer, and frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate cake until serving time.
That looks amazing. Not the recipe I was looking for but I reeeeealllly want to try it. It sounds FANTASTIC!!! Thank you for sharing!!!