How To Stop Card Cupcake Wrappers Staining???

Decorating By Kakie Updated 6 Jul 2013 , 12:49am by Sassyzan

Kakie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kakie Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 5

Please can anyone tell me how to stop card cupcake wrappers absorbing the fat from butter cream because they look so awfully patchy when that happens??

Some wrappers dont need it (because they have a slight plastic film which acts as a barrier), but it's not possible to tell which do when buying on line, and now I've got these card cupcake wrappers, there's no alternatives available to match the design the bride wants, and she's collecting the cake tomorrow!

Please can anyone help??

Thanks

4 replies
sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 5

Can you line them with waxed paper? I don't know how intricate the design of the card stock is.

Kakie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kakie Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for your reply.

I'm going to add an extra cupcake case, but that will only stop the fat from the actual cake, not from the butter cream. If I add the greaseproof paper  I imagine it will be visible near the top (as it has a scalloped edge along the top)? As it's the top where the butter cream touches the wrapper.

I wish I could spray the inside with something (to act as a sealant) but I tried cocoa butter & food lacquer and it just made them patchy (and caused the actual problem!)

kaylawaylalayla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaylawaylalayla Posted 5 Jul 2013 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 5

ALine the cupcake liners with fondant? No, not really practical. Maybe a little fondant strip ? Sorry, really no helo. Good luck!

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 12:49am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%