Aztec Pyramid~(Pic Attached) Stumped On How To Do Sides, Any Sugg??

Decorating By dailey Updated 6 Jul 2013 , 12:58am by savannahquinn

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 7

quetz_chichen1.jpg

I am making a Aztec Pyramid and am most likely going to be stacking square cakes to get the shape, easy enough (I hope!)  However, I am stumped on how I should do the middle "slide" or whatever it is called, lol.   Any suggestions?  Also, for the "stone" I was planning on coloring the fondant light gray and then sponging on darker gray to give it that mottled look.  What do you guys think?  Thanks for any help, I really apprecaite it!

6 replies
Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 7

I think  you have to give more details.  The size of the cake matters a lot.

How big will the finished cake be?

dailey Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 7

The cake will probalby start at 4 inches and go all the way down to 18 inches.  Its the sides I am confused how to make though?  Just wondering how to build out the slope in the middle of the squares?

melimel00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melimel00 Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 7

I would probably use rice krispie treats to achieve the 'slides' in the middle- so I would cut a long rectangle for the 'slide', then cut out smaller rectangles to put underneath the 'slide' so it can be flushed with the steps on the cake...does that make sense? I can see it in my head, but its kind of hard to explain it lol. I would probably attach those smaller 'support' rectangles underneath the long slide piece with white chocolate then lay that one whole piece on the cake to replicate the slide.

dailey Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 7

I didn't even think of using rice crispies!  Thanks for the suggestion.thumbs_up.gif

melimel00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melimel00 Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 3:45pm
post #6 of 7

no problem thumbs_up.gif

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 12:58am
post #7 of 7

AOr cut channels out of the middle of each side so you don't have to cut all those rectangles out. I think rkt is a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%