Palm Oil In Rtr Fondant

Decorating By Professor Brown Updated 2 Jul 2013 , 8:38pm by Professor Brown

Professor Brown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Professor Brown Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 11:36am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know of any RTR fondant that does not contain palm oil or palm kernel oil, or alternatively, using CSPO?

3 replies
yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 4

I don't know what RTR is (ready to roll??) but I use Massa Grischuna (neutral).  It tastes great and handles beautifully.  Since trying it, I have never used anything else on my cookies and cakes.  Wilton and Satin Ice get used for things unlikely to be eaten such as cake bases and figures since I do not care at all for the taste or smell of either.  Massa Grischuna does not contain palm oil, according to the ingredient list.  It can be ordered from Alber Uster Imports and comes in 2 days.  Great company, great service.  (What is CSPO)?

http://www.auiswiss.com/

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 4

AReady to roll would suggest to me that the op is in the UK.

Professor Brown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Professor Brown Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 4

Sorry people, I should have said. I am from Australia, you are correct, RTR is ready to roll.Thanks for your responses. CSPO is certified sustainable palm oil. In Australia the use of palm oil is very controversial because 90% of the world's palm oil is being produced in SE Asia where they are destroying over 300 football fields of rainforest every hour to make way for this stuff. This is the main habitat for the orang utans and so as you can imagine, their survival is dependent on saving these rainforests. Certified sustainable palm oil is produced in areas where the palm oil farms were established before 2005.

see http://www.wwf.org.au/our_work/saving_the_natural_world/forests/palm_oil/fact_sheet/

I have tried to find out from fondarific where they source their palm oil from but no response so far. Does anyone else know?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%