Price!!!

Decorating By TamathaG Updated 2 Jul 2013 , 12:59pm by BatterUpCake

TamathaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamathaG Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 11

customer wants 12 muffin sized princess cakes she is providing the dolls what should I price them at it will not let me load the picture I will try again in a little bit

10 replies
TamathaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamathaG Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 11

there we go

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 11

AClick the Pricing Formula link below in my signature.

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 4:52am
post #4 of 11

A*sitting on hands*

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 5:16am
post #5 of 11

A

Original message sent by Godot

*sitting on hands*

You got one of them fancy.schmancy mind readin' compooter thingy that types yer thoughts for ya?

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 5:22am
post #6 of 11

A

Original message sent by AZCouture

You got one of them fancy.schmancy mind readin' compooter thingy that types yer thoughts for ya?

Yeah - voice-automated.

SystemMod2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod2 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 5:26am
post #7 of 11

ATamathaG - please use the toolbar above to get to "Forums", under that you will see "Cake Decorating Business". At the top of the list of forum topics, are some permanent threads, which we call "stickies".

It looks like this: "Sticky" Threads for the "Cake Decorating Business" forum: Alice's Cake Pricing Matrix Pricing matrix...get it here Please read Before Posting in the "Business" Forum Price Grid by Cakes Divine NEW: States that License Home Kitchens

As you can see there are a couple threads about pricing, which you should be able to use to determine your selling price.

In short: no-one can work out how much to sell a cake for, but you yourself.

Thank you.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 12:07pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemMod2 

TamathaG - please use the toolbar above to get to "Forums", under that you will see "Cake Decorating Business". At the top of the list of forum topics, are some permanent threads, which we call "stickies".

It looks like this:
"Sticky" Threads for the "Cake Decorating Business" forum:
Alice's Cake Pricing Matrix
Pricing matrix...get it here
Please read Before Posting in the "Business" Forum
Price Grid by Cakes Divine
NEW: States that License Home Kitchens

As you can see there are a couple threads about pricing, which you should be able to use to determine your selling price.

In short: no-one can work out how much to sell a cake for, but you yourself.

Thank you.

THANK YOU, SystemMod2! I hope you jump in each time and direct posters to the kind of help they need. And, by the way, your help may spare us all the grief that eventually ends in a locked thread.

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 12:34pm
post #9 of 11

Is there problem with any one of us directing new folks to the right resources without being nasty? We all need to remember that everyone was a beginner at some time and that the reason fro getting onto one of these blog sites is to learn and ask where to find information. Not everyone is familiar with the search options on this site and we need to have a little patience and be more kind.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 12:54pm
post #10 of 11

Any of us can certainly direct a member to the pricing stickies. But the moderator's intervention and voice has authority - which will hopefully stop the bickering that seems to erupt no matter how kind or professional other members can be.

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 12:59pm
post #11 of 11

I don't think anyone was being nasty this time, Rosie....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%