Bubble Guppie Flat Characters

Decorating By wildinmichie Updated 3 Jul 2013 , 1:59am by mpatko

wildinmichie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildinmichie Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 5

I need help with making the Bubble Guppie flat characters? Has anyone made them and would you please share with me how you did (such as what tools you used or cutters)? thanks for all the help. Need help ASAP!!!!

4 replies
mpatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpatko Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 2:40am
post #2 of 5

Without a picture of what you're trying to make, it's hard to say exactly. But when I have to make a gumpaste character or logo, I print out a picture on the computer, cut it out, and use that as my stencil. I'll then cut out smaller features from that template and use them as templates with different colors of gumpaste. At that point, you can either layer the 2 pieces or cut out the gumpaste for the other pieces to fit inside. And an X-Acto knife works great at cutting gumpaste flawlessly. Here are some examples of what I've done to help explain what I mean a little bit better.

For this one, I printed out the entire image an use it as my stencil on yellow fondant. I then cut out the white pieces from my stencil, used those as stencils for white fondant, and laid them in place on top of the yellow. I did the same thing for the purple. I just used a paint brush and water to adhere the pieces.

For this one, I printed and cut my stencils the same way, except that rather than layering the waves on each other, and the dolphin tails on the waves, I cut them to fit around each other. I places the pieces together on the cake like a puzzle, adhered with water, and then gently used a fondant smoother to smooth the seams a bit.

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 3:35am
post #3 of 5

You can either do an FBCT using a coloring page found online or your could print out the pics and trace them out on the fondant. Or a piping gel transfer.

wildinmichie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildinmichie Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 1:57pm
post #4 of 5

mpatko,

Thank you so much for your info. It helps me out immensely; I will definitely use your method. Make perfect sense.

Have a blessed day!!!!

mpatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpatko Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 1:59am
post #5 of 5

Glad I could help :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%