Best Lemon Cake Recipe For 4 Tiered Wedding Cake Please!!!!

Baking By NanaNut Updated 2 Jul 2013 , 5:30am by icer101

NanaNut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaNut Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 5

Making a 4 tiered wedding cake and having to deliver it over 1 hr away. Never made a delivery before and don't really have time to try a bunch of different lemon cake recipes to see which will hold shape/bake well. I also need to make sure the 14" cake pan will bake evenly. I have never baked a tier larger than 12" and hear many people have issue with cake collapsing in the middle. Please help. Wedding is in 1 1/2 weeks and CAN'T afford ANY hiccups. Please. Calling all experienced professional wedding cake decorators!!!!

4 replies
cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 5

Do you have a good butter cake recipe?  You can use lemon extract or fresh lemon zest (not juice) in place of or in addition to the vanilla in the recipe.  If a recipe calls for two teaspoons of vanilla, you could do one tsp. of vanilla and one tsp of lemon.  If you want a stronger lemon flavor, use all lemon.

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 1 Jul 2013 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 5

Use the WASC recipe and add lemon flavoring instead of almond.  

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 1:27am
post #4 of 5

Try Warren Brown's Light and Lemony Cake from his book Cake Love.  I tried many lemon cakes recently and this was the best.  I used it for two tiers of a 5 tier cake delivered 2 weeks ago  and it cut beautifully.  It has a nice bright lemon flavor, and doubling the recipe was not a problem.  If you want scratch, this might work for you.  I also think that lemon oil gives better truer flavor than extract without being bitter.  Use less of it than you would of extract though, a little goes a long way.   

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 2 Jul 2013 , 5:30am
post #5 of 5

I will have to try warren browns recipe. i forgot i had  the book. I made 4 scratch lemon cakes several weeks ago and all were  bad.  They were from great bakers, but mine didn,t turn out good. I  then used cakepro's(c/cer) lemon cake mix enhancer and it was delicious. I used from scratch lemon curd and from scratch raspberry filling. Every one loved  it. I think she calls it amazing lemon cake recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%